1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

cleaning cd/dvds

Discussion in 'Storage' started by Nailezs, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Nailezs

Thanks Received:
    hey guys, what do u use to clean your cd's and dvd's? my shirt isnt cutting it lol
  2. andrewsmc

andrewsmc

Thanks Received:
    toothpaste.
    Nailezs says thanks.
  3. twilyth Guest

This is what I use.

It has an abrasive wheel but it's extremely fine grit. You spray it some water (comes with a spray bottle) and just pop it in. If it's a scratch you can clearly feel when you run your finger over it, you'll have to run it through a few times.

If after say 6-8 passes, there's no improvement, then you're probably fucked.

As you may know, the data is on a metallic layer just under the label, so if the label side is scratched, again, assume the position.
  4. Nailezs

Thanks Received:
    cool beans guys, thx. my cod mw dvd isnt scratched, just stained ll to hell from something, but i will definitely have to get that resurfacer thing
  5. troyrae360

troyrae360 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Use toothpase if its scrached, dont use it just to clesn them!
    I would just use a damp choth and always wipe from the inside out(not round and round) some cd/dvds you can just wash them in water(not those cheep painted ones tho as the paint seems to get sticky and start comming off too)

Make sure they are dry befor you put thim back in your comp(for obvious resins) lol

Hope that helps :)
    Nailezs says thanks.