1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

cleaning my system???

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Cotton_Cup, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Cotton_Cup

Cotton_Cup

Thanks Received:
    hey guys haven't updated my system specs to the current but I'm looking at this spray duster...

http://www.agfaphoto.com/appc/conte...D=201790&dbc=84418557844c9dd4efde9f9d846e91a0

I bought it cheap and I'm not sure now if it works fine if I spray it on my system, on rads, motherboard, and other stuff????

currently it's hard to find those air compressor in can here in the Philippines, and if that spray duster can't be used on stuff like motherboard. gpu etc. i'll just use it on other things and go on with life trying to find a canned air...

lol not sure if I posted this in the right section. if not please move it to the right section (just came home from the mall so tired.)
  2. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    Canned air is near on impossible to find over here too.
    Never heard of the product you bought but from the description it appears to be safe to use on your system.

Maybe you could invest in one of these mini air compressors but with a different nozzle.
    [​IMG]
  3. Jack1n

Thanks Received:
    I always use a hair dryer
  4. Cotton_Cup

Cotton_Cup

Thanks Received:
    well the small air compressor I found are those used in cars or so I think it is. not sure if it would destroy my pc. about hair dryer not sure if it's good, doesn't it have static stuff on it?
  5. Kaynar

Thanks Received:
  6. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    If ive no can of air about I use deodorant (not antiperspirant as its got ally in) to clean rads and heatsinks it works well and has mostly alcohol in anyway , lynx obv as it smells nice.
  7. xxdozer322

xxdozer322

Thanks Received:
    I use a leaf blower.
  8. syeef

Thanks Received:
    I use this:

[​IMG]

Got it from local PC/Electronics Store... very cheap, cost me 600 BDT (~8.5 USD).
  9. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    An air compressor is fine. I've been doing it for Years, and Years. As long as You realize that the Potential for Damage is there, (Seeing as how they CAN produce a Large quantity of air pressure),And You take precaution's You'll be Fine.

#1- get the Right nozzle for Your need's. e.g. a tip that has adjustable flow, or a tip that has a wider opening, as to give You a "milder" air flow.

#2- Hold the tip NO CLOSER than 3-4 inches from the component/PC that Your cleaning.

#3- Remember, Anything can damage a PC if a person with No common sense uses it with No concern, or with reckless abandon.
    So, just be careful, and patient, and @ most it'll take You about 3 minutes to Clean Your whole PC out, and in MANY cases , You won't even need to dis-assemble it.

Get a compressor, it's HANDS DOWN Your cheapest, and best choice.
    And as a final piece of advice, READ the Owners manual, MANY compressor's have a Valve to Purge any condensation that MAY build up in the bottom of the tank, it's a small metal pin, with a ring on it, that can be pulled to allow liquid build up to be released. although it's likely You'll not have this problem, it's STILL good to know the machine, and Purge the moisture, as a precaution. I've been a Contractor for about 18 years, and a PC enthusiast EVEN longer, and I can't Tell You how many Knuckle heads Exclaim "DON'T USE Compressor's" "Their Dangerous"!! Simply because they are ignorant to the proper usage of a compressor. Do Yourself favor , and ignore them. Their the kind of people that would use a garden Hose, to clean their GPU's, or Their DIMM's.
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  10. adulaamin

adulaamin

Thanks Received:
    you could get something like that at your nearest ACE Hardware shop or Handyman DIY shop. The cheapest would be the SKIL Electric Air Blower which costs less than 2,000 pesos at ACE. you might find it around 1,700-1,900 pesos at other hardware stores.

It's this one:

[​IMG]

The Bosch or Stanley brands cost almost twice as much if you prefer those.
  11. syeef

Thanks Received:
    Hmm... expensive in the Philippines, if my conversion rate is correct it costs around 49 USD there. Whereas I got mine for less than 9 USD.
  12. adulaamin

adulaamin

Thanks Received:
    You're lucky you could get it that cheap... The more "famous" brands like Bosch cost twice as much, around 4,000 pesos :laugh: approximately $100