1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Clock Errors with Reference GTX580 and newer versions of GPUZ

Discussion in 'GPU-Z' started by mxthunder, Oct 27, 2012.

1. mxthunder New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a reference GTX580. In the last 5-6 builds of GPUZ, either the memory clock, or the core clock numbers are off.
    6.6 fixed the core clock issues, but now the memory clock reports off by about 15~MHz from what the actual clock is set to.
    I have never had any issues with GPUz in the past.

[​IMG]
  2. Maban

Maban

Thanks Received:
    Neither value is necessarily incorrect. GPU-Z's value is just more correct (save for a 500KHz rounding discrepancy). GPU-Z is showing the base clock before factoring the quad data rate. Afterburner is showing a value that doubles the base clock and would have to be doubled again to get the effective clock. If anything, you should complain to Unwinder and MSI about the way it's displayed in Afterburner, but they won't care.

There was a bug in 0.6.5 that miscalculated the core clock. It was fixed in 0.6.6.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  3. mxthunder New Member

Thanks Received:
    my mistake. I forgot that the clock speed was doubled in afterburner. 2x 1013 is 2025.
    I think in some older versions of AB, or with some older GPU's the interface on afterbuner showed the frequency before the clock doubleing, etc
  4. Maban

Maban

Thanks Received:
    It shows the base clock on (G)DDR/2/3/4 cards.