• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Club3D AGP 3850 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

spirits247

Hi everyone; great forum and tool you have here. Thanks for all your hard work!

I have the AGP Club3D/Powercolor 3850 and after testing with ATItool I want to change the clocks to the following:

Boot 500/1000
Low3D 300/1000
High3D 700/1000

I also want to change the fan temps in the lookup table, as at the moment it flicks between 41/50% duty in 2D at 45/46C.

The problem is, I can change the clocks no problem using CBABE editor and Cats 8.8 work fine. Using RTuner, I can see they are operating as expected. CBABE can't change fan speeds and temps however.

So I tried RBE v114, but it causes issues. All I changed were the clocks (locked option enabled) as described in the tutorials and a few values in the fan look up table.

Once flashed, the card is no longer recognized by Cats 8.8 and has strange settings for core and mem. Plus the temp of the GPU is steadily rising when it should be 45/46C in 2D.

Any ideas?

spirits247

I'm guessing I should attach my bios files too!

Here are the the original Club3D; the CBABE edited and the strangely working RBE edited files.

If there is no solution, can someone tell me what values to look up in a hex editor to change fan temps and speeds. That's all I really want to do to the working CBABE edited file.

Attachments

• Bios_AGP_HD3850.zip
    116 KB · Views: 321

spirits247

It's ok, I brushed up on hex/decimal and checksums and edited the bios myself using HxD. Works a treat with none of the issues listed above.

The areas for fan lookup temps are:

EA70 0A (first temp) through to EA80 01 (final temp)

Other things I discovered along the way:

EA20 0D -> PWM Ramp on/off
EA20 0E -> PWM Ramp %
EA30 05 -> Tslope %
EA30 0B -> Tmin
EA30 0D -> Tmin Hysteresis

So overall I edited the powerplay settings using CBABE, which I noticed by doing a file comparasion only changed the powerplay area and nothing else, then edited the fan lookup temps. Finally I changed the checksum in the FF redundant area at the end to match it back to the original so ATIwinflash would accept. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.