1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Club3d HD 6950 2gb flash probleme (i searched i tried but need more info)

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by GreiverBlade, Nov 23, 2012.

1. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    Club3d HD 6950 2gb flash probleme [solved]

hello everybody

I got my hands on a Club3d 6950 2gb model: CGAX-69548F, that the previous user said : the flash failed and he had a shity mobo with no igp nor other pcieX 16 port avaiable (only x1 port no pci or other kind)

i searched over the forum for solutions it does have a switch for bios but neither bios1 or 2 boot i saved the bios from it to see what went wrong it seems its a 6970 bios (so he tried to unlock it but failed and the backup bios seems to be same)

this is the 1st gpu-Z pics i took at 1st start
    [​IMG]

and here is the second
    [​IMG]
    between those two pics i tried ATIWinflash (GUI and cmd) with the corresponding bios http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/94271/Club3D.HD6950.2048.101227_1.html

but seems that went also wrong...

also Winflash under GUI give me the SystemID error, so mainly why i tried cmd with parameter:
    "atiwinflash -unlockrom 1" the card is on the 2nd pcieX 16 and i use a GeForce 405 in slot 1
    "atiwinflash -f -p 1 bios.rom"
    nothing worked it seems, i saw a status bar for a few second then nothing.

i wonder if my mobo can be the probleme since its a ASRock 970 Extreme 3 the PcieX slot are 2 physical 16x but the second is 4x wired

so setup during the flash:

PcieX x1 slot
    Geforce 405 in x16 slot 1
    PcieX x1 slot
    Club3d HD6950 in x16 slot 2 (4x wired)

the 2nd x16 slot is the n1 and the 1st x15 is n0 right? or does the X1 have 0 3 and that second x16 is n4? (pretty confusing i know)

or i cant flash due to the x4 wiring of the slot i use?

i still have to try the DOS bootable usb drive later when i will get back from work

is it f.u.b.a.r or will the DOS methode possibly work.

thanks for reading

ps: i dont get the SystemID error ... what does it mean since its the same bios with same ID that the one on the card, i suspect that flashing went beyond redemption... :roll:

i saw also that command line somewhere:"atiflash.exe -f -p 1 bios.rom -scansii"

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  2. TC-man

TC-man

Thanks Received:
    Try flashing the card in DOS with a bootable usb stick/pendrive, because Atiflash Winflash doesn't always work correctly.

GreiverBlade says thanks.
  3. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

From the GPU-Z screens it looks like the divice ID and sub system ID are intact ; this is good

as you mentioned in the OP try flashing from a dos prompt

How to make a flash drive bootable:

go here http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/browse.php?c=21

grab- HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool - v2.1.8 & Windows 98 System Files

click Primary Download unzip the files to a folder on your HDD; make sure your USB Memory stick is attached to your PC; open HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool v2.1.8 ; select Creat a DOS startup disk/ select: using DOS system files located at: (these are the files you have just downloaded): browse to the files in win98boot; then start the process

grab the latest version of atiflash here - http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads...lash_3.99.html

Next

Put atiflash.exe and the bios on a USB key.

Set the motherboard bios to boot from USB key.

At command prompt type in:

type c:\atiflash -i [this will show you the vga adapter information]

next

c:\atiflash -f -p 0 "biosname.rom" and hit enter.

atb (all the best)

Law-II

4. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    indeed i will try DOS soon as i finished preparing all stuff

i wonder i dont find USB boot in the ASRock 970 bios .... i wonder if its possible to do a bootable CD or use something like Ultimate boot CD or Hiren's one

Edit: Subvendor 1787 = ATI AIB aka Club3D Sapphire Powercolor and some other

Also i noticed Device ID is 1002-6719 its a ID from 6950, 1002-6718 is 6970 right ...

stupid me ... i mixed the 2 ID ...

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  5. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

Is there no option here?

Example: to boot from CD, HDD , SSD or *USB

UEFI SETUP UTILITY.jpg

nb: if not then any of the other bootables in your post ["bootable CD or use something like Ultimate boot CD or Hiren's"]should work fine.

atb

Law-II

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  6. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    funny i can start with the card now but ... :banghead:

[​IMG]

currently uninstalling driver and reinstalling them i suspect this will do the trick

WOOHOO before i rebooted Gpu-Z showed 704 shader and i was scared xD then i rebooted and

VOILA!!!
    [​IMG]

big thanks Law-II i didnt know win98boot could be used like that im not bad when it come to computer hard and software but you helped me BIG time!

also i feel sad for the previous owner xD he sold it to me for roughly 90$ weeellll i can finally put my XFX HD6850 Black Ed to a rightfully deserved rest and enjoy my resucited 6950 till i get the fund for a 7850 or maybe a 7890 or if im lucky a 7970 oh boy im happy that i could fix that one !

huhuhu pretty stable (i know its only 10% and 8%) i wonder how much it can take @stock voltage (google is my friend and all shall burn in the righteous fire)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
    Law-II says thanks.