1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CM 690 -> Storm Scout - Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by Kantastic, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    I'm not exactly satisfied with my CM 690 right now... I bought it because it had free shipping and the Storm Scout didn't, and I wanted the items when I got back from vacation. Right now it's the other way around so if I RMA it with Newegg along with the PSU (combo deal) I'll be eating a $18 restocking fee... the simple yet elegant aesthetics of the Storm Scout is sooo tempting. It's not going to be a high end system so both cases should be more than enough to cool it down when it's complete.

:banghead::banghead::banghead: Why didn't I check the prices before opening the CM 690!!?! All in all it'll be $38 rather than $20 to go from the 690 to the Scout... take me to the light!
  2. Meow9000 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Depends if you have the cash to Burn, Theres nothing wrong with the case and its a very solid build. cools well and plenty of room for everything you need. Its personal choice really.

~meow
  3. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    I'm gonna do it... I'm going to hate myself if the Scout comes and it isn't as sexy as pictures make it out to be cause I just blew $38 bucks, and I do not have that kind of money to just toss around but being the body of my system I'm making a one time exception.
  4. kylzer

kylzer New Member

Thanks Received:
    Watch out you can't cable manage the top CPU power very easily on the scout cause it has a lack of space on the top.
  5. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    The power supply is going to be bottom mounted, and it's modular.