• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CM Sentinel Mouse

System Name EDGE
Processor i9-9900K
Motherboard Asus Maximus XI Formula
Cooling Custom Liquid Cooling
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080TI XC Ultra Gaming
Storage HP EX920 1TB M.2 NVME OS WD Black 5TB For games
Display(s) Samsung 4K Ultra HD Smart TV (UN43KU7500)
Case Antec TORQUE
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z623, DT 990 Pro, Asus ROG Delta USB-C
Power Supply Asus ROG THOR 1200W
Mouse Asus ROG Spatha
Keyboard Asus ROG GK2000 Horus
Software WIN 10 Pro X64
Benchmark Scores WIP
Anyone using this mouse? Have any input on it?

Sensi Karate

System Name l The '1 pvvn j00 ^oobeh?!? l
Processor l Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz @ 4.2GHZ l
Motherboard l Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Rev 1.1 l
Cooling Corsair H20 Watercooling l 6 Fans l Thermaltake DualOrb VGA Cooler
Memory l Kingston Hyper X 1066MHZ DDR2 6GB l
Video Card(s) MSI R6870 1GB Twin Frozr II
Storage l OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD l 2x1TB WD Caviar Green 7,200RPM Raid 0 l My Book WD 500G External l
Display(s) l BenQ E2200HD 21.5" HD l
Case l HAF 922 l
Audio Device(s) l Realtek ALC889A l Logitech G35 7.1 Surround Sound Headset
Power Supply Corsair 750W HX
Software l Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit l
Benchmark Scores I ownz tehmz n00bez! >:D
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/CoolerMaster/Storm_Sentinel_Advance/
Thats a review by Frederick S but I think he undermined it a little to much.

I replied with this in the thread here: http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=111324

I own this mouse and love it! Its easily on par with the good gaming mouse companies like Logitech and Razer and is actually better in a few departements to that of its competitors. I think Federik got a bad deal for the mouse, I got mine for only $80 AUD which is like 45 pounds? Also the LEDs you barely see when your hand is covered over it. I also thought the design was good on the mouse, better then all my previous mouses I've owned and very comfortable. My braided cable isn't stiff and easily reaches my computer which would be around a meter and a bit away from where my mouse is placed, and I have lots of tugging before it tightens. Also I got a full sized CD, not a half sized one?

My personal opinion, one of the best gaming mouses out there and if you get it at the right price like I did, you'll be very happy. ;)

and TheLostSwede replied with:

It's $50 at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002R5ABGY/?tag=tec06d-20

I also have one and I think it's rather quite nice, much better than anything from M$ and very comparable to my old Logitech G5. I guess I'm not enough of a Razer fanboy to dislike anything that's not made by Razer though...

I also agree with Sensi Karate, the cord is way long enough and I have a huge freakin desk and have no problem reaching the back of my system. I too got a normal size CD in the box, but so what? CM Strom has the ISO image as well as a firmware update available on their website and the firmware update will fix the issues mentioned with the sensor.

It's also not plasticky and it's one of the few "LED ridden" mice that you have the option to turn off all the lights on. The value of the OLED display is questionable and the same goes for the weights, as I think it's ideal with the full set of weights fitted. It suits my hands perfectly, although I agree that the thumb buttons are a bit off and it would've been nice to have a slightly better scroll wheel that would tilt.

Its a great mouse, one of the best I've had. ;)

System Name EDGE
Processor i9-9900K
Motherboard Asus Maximus XI Formula
Cooling Custom Liquid Cooling
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080TI XC Ultra Gaming
Storage HP EX920 1TB M.2 NVME OS WD Black 5TB For games
Display(s) Samsung 4K Ultra HD Smart TV (UN43KU7500)
Case Antec TORQUE
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z623, DT 990 Pro, Asus ROG Delta USB-C
Power Supply Asus ROG THOR 1200W
Mouse Asus ROG Spatha
Keyboard Asus ROG GK2000 Horus
Software WIN 10 Pro X64
Benchmark Scores WIP
Thanks funny I didn't get an email notification for this. I'll take a look through the thread. I'm looking at it because of my project in the proper forum here. If I had abilities to make a sig I would have a link, but its Project Slumber Parties.