1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CM Storm Havoc Gaming Mouse

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Frederik S, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Frederik S Staff

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  2. BiggieShady

BiggieShady

Thanks Received:
    Looks like a good and not too expensive mouse.
    However, on page 3 which is called "Performance & Durability" I was expecting something about durability - like what micro switches are used for primary buttons and what on side buttons and for how many clicks are micro switches rated.

3. Frederik S Staff

Thanks Received:
    That should read "Driver" not "Durability". Thanks for pointing it out.

4. scazbala86

scazbala86

Thanks Received:
    I would give this mouse a solid 8 if not an 8.5. I really like mine, though the sensor placement does take a little while to get used to, especially coming from a G500.

5. rooivalk

rooivalk

Thanks Received:
    I think durability is unseen factor in a mouse review although it's actually one of major factor owning a rather expensive peripheral.
    Often, in a year or even months, a user angrily complaint like:
    - It has double click problem! (happens to my Mionix and Razer(s) and lowly Logitech mouse)
    - The scroll is broken! (happens to my Mionix and G500)
    - the rubber wears off! (happens to my Razer(s) and CM Recon)

Numbers on paper doesn't tell much, shit happens to many (if not every) brands, even if the said mouse used only in office.

Would be nice if there's a way to test the long run durability of the mouse.

6. BiggieShady

BiggieShady

Thanks Received:
    It's too much to expect wear-out tests for reviews. The best they can do is provide info like "micro-switches are rated for 5 million clicks". For example, I found out that my mouse doesn't have same micro-switches for side buttons, they are rated to wear out in half as much clicks.
    Then after all, it all comes down to how much manufacturer ratings are truthful. I can understand why non-verifiable info is omitted, if that's the case.

7. punani

punani

Thanks Received:
    I got the CM Storm Spawn mouse quite similar to this one i suppose, and it has the WORST SENSOR I EVER ENCOUNTERED ! It requires pitch black surfaces to work at all and the response is crap when doing long fast movements. Ive been fumbling about with the firmwares etc to get the responsiveness to an acceptable level but I'm still quite dissapointed. Good side is that it is comfortable. Youtube Link

Supposedly Havoc has a better sensor that fixes these issues.

8. rooivalk

rooivalk

Thanks Received:
    too bad then. Maybe some robotic clicker with software to oversee the registered clicks or I just hope manufacturers are aware of this issue and even competing in the durability area.

the same with my CM Recon lol. Luckily I had black hard pad at that time.