1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CoD: Black Ops II Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by DannibusX, Nov 20, 2012.

1. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    It's that time of year again to bring forth the latest CoD release from Activision.

This years game is a direct sequel to Treyarch's Black Ops from 2010. It makes a lot of changes to the loadout system, and even being based in the future it doesn't have much in the way of futuristic weapons.

Perks and attachments have changed. Instead of unlocking a perk that controls gun sway, aim speed and things of that nature, Treyarch opted to use the attachments to control that kind of thing. For instance, when you unlock the foregrip for one of the assault rifles, it will improve your ADS accuracy, modular buttstock improves your aim speed, etc.

The changes are pretty substantial, and the game is a bit more difficult to the shootfests previously released. I'll be updating this post with more information when I get time.

Bullets don't kill opponents in this version. They mostly kill you. Evidence:

In the video, you see me shoot at a guy and hit the post, then I move around and hit him with 5 rounds while he is shooting a friend of mine on the ledge he climbs on. I strafe in and hit him with at least 4 more rounds and he dodge around the corner. So I move in to refinish the job, stepping over my homeboy's corpse when I find another guy standing there. I hit that dude with every last round left in the gun and he seemingly kills me with 2-3 rounds. The guy I originally shot came back and picked up my dogtags (Kill Confirmed), which I didn't get into the video.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    Mindweaver says thanks.
  2. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I was looking for this today.. :toast:

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. GoFigureItOut

Thanks Received:
    I get killed like that all the time! One of my favorite weapon, is the M8A1 (four round burst), I can hit the enemy with 3 burst, and he can turn around and drop me with one shot. I thought to myself, well perhaps burst weapons suffer a lot from lag compensation. I switched to the Mtar, with that gun I can see anywhere between 4-7 hit markers, and I still get killed. Granted, I'm a console noob. It still shouldn't be like that. You were clearly behind the wall when you died. I guess the enemy picked up the bullet curve technique from Wanted.

DannibusX says thanks.
  4. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I about broke my controller and blew up a vein in my forehead when that went down. I really wouldn't have minded if I'd have actually gotten kill on the guy I first shot.

It was release weekend, so I can only assume the servers are being hammered and that is the result of the popularity of the game.

5. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    That guy is probably wearing a flak jacket perk.. It's a Tier 1 Perk.. They suck ass.. I've put a whole clip into a guy wearing that perk and he turns around a kills me... Aim for there head helps.

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    So i heard having 19 bullets embedded in your body doesnt kill you? I could understand in gaming, you know, not dying of 5 or 6... but 19!?
    Will not buy... xD

7. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    If you want excellent bullet mechanics, play CS:GO.

8. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    it's not about excellent bullet mechanics though, I'm relatively sure that in most shooters, putting 19 pieces of lead into an enemy player would be overkill, even for an arcade shooter.

9. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    Ever played Goldeneye?

RCoon says thanks.
  10. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    sadly no :D