1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

COD4 problem with Windows 7

Discussion in 'Games' started by PCpraiser100, Feb 1, 2009.

1. PCpraiser100 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi, guys

I have a Windows API problem with the COD4 Multiplayer. The problem code is 131134. Every time when I connect to any game server I disconnect (kicked) after I finish. I have updated PB manually and I own the 64-bit version of Windows 7 Beta, 7000 Build with latest updates.

2. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Punkbuster is an issue with Windows 7, many have noted that same error, I experienced it with FFoW (didn't install CoD4). Punkbuster does not support W7, and Evenbalance was not planning on providing support for older PB games until W7 is officially released to retail. I went back to Vista as I'm more of a gamer and when I game online it needs to work.

:toast:

3. PCpraiser100 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Fixed! Just switch compatibility to Vista and you're fragging! Spread the word W7 user!

4. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Nice, glad it worked for that game. It didn't work out for me, which really sucked as FFoW is a blast with a clan. :shadeshu:

It's all good though, Vista is running great...I'm working on a second OS drive for W7 atm, I do miss that taskbar!

:toast:

PCpraiser100 says thanks.