1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Codemasters Comes to Steam

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, Oct 24, 2007.

1. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    Valve and Codemasters, a leading developer and publisher of critically acclaimed video games, today announced an agreement that will see a collection of new and future PC titles being available via Steam, a leading platform for the delivery of PC games and digital content with over 13 million accounts around the world. Codemasters' debut Steam release, Clive Barker's JerichoT, is available today, October 23, in North America and on Friday, October 26, in the rest of the world. The following Codemasters titles will be available via Steam: Clive Barker's Jericho, Overlord, Colin McRae: DiRT, and Turning Point: Fall of Liberty when it is released.

Source: Steam

Ravenas says thanks.
  2. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    Maybe we'll see a new Operation Flashpoint on Steam. :cool:

3. ex_reven New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ah I love steam.
    If only my orange box worked :(

4. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    What happened? And, I loved Flashpoint. Loved it as a game I just bought for the hell of it, and played it non stop till someone stole my software case.

5. mandelore

mandelore New Member

Thanks Received:
    UK-small Village in a Valley Near Newcastle
    steam plain rocks, didnt like it when it first came out due to needing to download everything using my 56K conexion, but now it plain rocks!

6. ex_reven New Member

Thanks Received:
    I bought it from overseas (legit). It worked for a couple of days. And then after steam updated it uninstalled them and informs me that the games need to be bought in my own territory. So I need to get them refunded I think.

7. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    That's not even right... You bought a copy and that should be all that is needed... They really get picky on the whole territory thing.... I think if you bought it, you bought it...

8. Giletus

Giletus New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just want to buy a game disk and not have to install steam to get it working via down load file. Had alot of issues getting dark messiah working and havent had steam on computer since. :nutkick:

9. ex_reven New Member

Thanks Received:
    True.
    It would be justifiable if they only sold the game themselves without making it available to retailers. But yeah, doesnt make sense to me. Its like stupid DVD region codes.

10. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    And the only way to get around the Code is to make the stuff "illegal". I hate that.. I love some of the Japanese style games, but cant get it here with out doing something wrong to my system...

11. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    I dont get it......I bought My CS collections from Hong Kong & im running it fine here from london, UK!

steam just want your money lol speaking of steam. their new 'Friends GUI' always crashes CS while in game. so steam with is 'gameoverlay' is really buggy at the moment. ive gotten so pissed off ive stopped playing CS altogether until i hear from a friend that they release a new update

12. ex_reven New Member

Thanks Received:
    Friends works perfectly. Must just be your machine :ohwell:

Your CS collection works because the seller in HK was probably selling UK region copies.
    Eg - The ones I bought are UK keys, which is why they dont work.

13. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    KEWL! my steam works flawlessly...and I do dig DiRT:toast:

14. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    All of these games are free on GameTap. :) I was playing Jericho last night on it.

15. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah steam has started doing countries. lots of games (company of heroes for one) are no longer sold in aus, despite being half the retail cost...

16. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I have no problem with Steam. It takes a while to start on dial-up, but works fine once it's going.

I like the idea of games being available through Steam, but it does not do me any good until I can figure out a way to get better (cost effective) internet service here in the "sticks".

17. GLD

GLD

Thanks Received:
    I remember back when I was burning with Clone CD that there was an option that was not available to the USA. I believe I tricked it be going into the control panel under Regional and Language Options and changing my Location to Canada. Then ofcourse just going back in and changing Location back. Have you tried this with Steam? Will tricking your Location to the UK get your Orange Box working again?

18. FatForester New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea, Steam blew chunks when it first came out.. now it's basically the only thing I use. Steam ftw!