1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Color calibrating two monitors

Discussion in 'General Software' started by newconroer, Oct 12, 2013.

1. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    Hey brothers,

Got a monitor on demonstration here at the moment, trying to color match it with one of the main 30" I have ensured the new monitor is on factory defaults(and also tried at 6500K temp with 2.2 gamma).
    Only calibration device on hand is a Spyder 3. It does calibrate the second monitor separately however it isn't allowing me to manually set a baseline for both monitors. I have tried working around it by making the monitors mirror one another and then calibrating, no success.
    I assume this is because the Spyder software is Express instead of Pro and that since the graphics cards are dual LUT capable then it's down to the software utility to handle it, irrespective of the calibration.

Summary :

Second monitor calibrates individually yet the result is poor. I can apply the old profile used on the main monitor to the new monitor and it's miles better yet it doesn't match - which is understandable because they are two different monitors.

Any suggestions on how to baseline them manually, or am I stuck buying a new software package?
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  2. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    I'd recommend you a colorimeter, yes it can be expensive but the results are worth it ;)
  3. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Spyder 3 is a colorimeter :confused:
  4. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    Yes it is.
  5. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    Oh sorry, it only loaded the second half of his post, probably because I'm browsing on Edge atm (no 3G in between italian mountains :p)

Thought you had only tried with software without a proper device :toast:

Now I can see!
  6. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    After some further testing it seems that due to one monitor not having any OSD/Color control, it's impossible to attempt a color match without a baseline via software.

If anyone has used a Pro version of the Spyder series, do you know if version 3 had multi-monitor support?