1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Colorful Launches the Most Powerful and Feature-Rich GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Steven B

Thanks Received:
    why do they want you to piant ungly colors on a heatsink? Who came up with that one?

2. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    Yes, quite. Their marketing department seem to be a bunch of clowns. They can't even get their standard of English right, as I pointed out earlier. Very unprofessional.

I wouldn't trust a company like that with my money. They're probably unprofessional in everything they do, so I dread to think what customer service would be like in case an RMA was needed.

3. vladmire New Member

Thanks Received:
    this is nice. PAINT Cooling System!

4. 3volvedcombat

3volvedcombat New Member

Thanks Received:
    Are everybody on these forums negative SNOBBY SNOBS OR WHAT?

You know what I see.

Quality, The best of the best, period.

Amazing card, I would love to have 3 with monster phases attached. There is nothing NEGATIVE ABOUT THIS CARD.

Its practically faster then your fuckin brains right now.

You will never see anything comparable in cooling solution(air cooling stock), and to me that's a fucking achievement.

Love the quality, it just scream's like its got more headroom.

Of-course it is "overdone" but what happened to TPU when that's what everybody wanted?!!!!!!! (quad GTX 295/8800gtx days.)

btarunr and bear jesus say thanks.
  5. qubit

Thanks Received:
    I quite agree, I love overkill cards such as the Asus MARS & MARS 2 and would like to see more. :D For me though, the supporting company is critical. If they appear a little flaky, then it's not worth going there and that's what my two posts are saying.

6. Steven B

Thanks Received:
    sadly powercolor has been around a long time, but now that i see their name is power-color it makes more sense for someone to buy a paint kit with their GPU.

BTW i based its lead based paint too! hahah

But hey you gotta give them props for the power module add-on that is old school, like GB had one of those for their motherboards back in the day.

I like the idea of the add-ons i like them a lot.

7. Beertintedgoggles

Beertintedgoggles

Thanks Received:
    Because it makes no sense to pimp out a mid level card and charge as much as a high end one. Now if someone modded their card personally to fit the extra cooling I'd give them props for sure. I fit a Thermalright SI-97 on my 8800GT in the day and cooled it almost as good as a dedicated water cooling setup.

In the end if they make a profit on this then good for them. Honestly I don't have a problem with a company trying to stand out from the others, it's the customers fault if they buy into the hype and way overspend on the price/performance.

tigger says thanks.
  8. N-Gen

N-Gen

Thanks Received:
    Ok then, use those ridiculous addon heatsinks, and try to fit 4 of them in a case...if you can't fit them together, then it's not really as exciting as a multi-gpu set-up.

If I look at a card and say I WANT THIS because it looks nice, I want someone else to have made it for me, not giving me some paint (which isn't really looking good in that presentation, looks like a 4 year old kids painting session) and expect me to do it, after paying extra for it.

Don't get me wrong, I sure can get excited about other cards, even if I'm not going to buy them. Something like an ASUS Matrix or Powercolors Devil 13 gets me going...this just doesn't.

9. Steven B

Thanks Received:
    it wouldn't have to be in any case, some people don't use cases, and those people don't want to be limited by the same constraints cases provide. Like for instance the X79-UD7 isn't meant to be in a case.

10. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    The paint kit is going to far, but as someone mentioned, you have to give them credit for trying out new ideas, and pushing the envelope , credit for that.

11. N-Gen

N-Gen

Thanks Received:
    It's going to be a task if you use the coolers to fit them onto any board if you want to run more than 1, which makes the air-kit irrelevant for that application.

12. Suhidu

Suhidu

Thanks Received:
    The Color-Kit inspires me.

[​IMG]
    Leak.

[​IMG]
    Hibiscus, Lilac, Sunflower, Gogh.

To match it with my case theme of course. Anyway, go easy on me guys, they're only mock-ups.

I'm sensing a forum contest, Colorful.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  13. xBruce88x

xBruce88x

Thanks Received:
    well if anyone wants to know what all the OC will come too...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

If i remember correctly, Pixel fillrate is "CoreClock x ROPs" and texture fillrate is "coreclock x TMUs". To test this, I multiplied 32x900 to get 28,800 (or 28.8GPix) and 64x900 to get 57,900 (or 57.9GTex) for the more normal GTX 560TI in the gup-z shot above. So,... 32x1010 = 32320 and 64x1010 = 64640. So about 32.3GPix and 64.6GTex.

So the iGame 560 Ti would have 32.3 GPixels and 64.6GTexels per sec fill rates. Looks like it would beat an overclocked GTX 570 in terms of raw performance. Now comes the question... worth the price? Also, I have a feeling similar performance could be achieved with other overclocked GTX 560 Ti cards for less. (that only take up 2 slots)

MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk anyone? http://www.guru3d.com/article/msi-geforce-gtx-560-ti-hawk-review/21 and it retails for about $270 USD.

mediasorcerer says thanks.
    More than 25k PPD
  14. Zubasa

Zubasa

Thanks Received:
    Guess what? The GTX 295/8800GTX were top end cards of their days, so they are worth the effort for the overkill.
    This GTX 560 TI is just unimpressive crap as much as Colorful itself is. :slap:

Those numbers aren't everything.
    The GTX 570 have more vram and have a memory bandwidth unparalleled by any GTX 560 TI.
    Also what stops you from buying something like a Gigabyte 570 SOC? Its clocked at 845/1650Mhz and 900Mhz memory by default.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  15. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Y U no paint by numbers?

16. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Colorful is a lean organisation of gifted engineers and designers who aren't tied with bullshit corporate constraints of "cost effectiveness" and volumes. Only Sapphire and EVGA need "professional" marketing departments because they have to sell their McDonalds graphics cards.

Dude, just look at those PCB shots, it's an engineering masterpiece, with component quality EVGA and ASUS' engineers can only dream that their product budgets could allow.

You'll probably never need an RMA, that's kind of the point here. There are three sets of VRM, three BIOS ROMs, every component on the card has 1:1 redundancy except the GPU and memory (those are parts that will never fail). Both the GPU and memory chips are sourced from A1 bins (top-tier). Every card is hand-tested.

Even if you do need an RMA, Colorful has an office in Germany that handles the warranty and RMA.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
    hhumas says thanks.
  17. wolf

wolf Performance Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I just wish the GPU was a GF110, keep everything else the same. I'm sure you could cherry pick GTX580's and put them on a pcb like this 1ghz would be well within grasp.

18. Dj-ElectriC

Dj-ElectriC

Thanks Received:
    Step 1 - Draw a masterpiece!
    Step 2 - Connect the graphics card into your motherboard
    Step 3 - See a boring PCB while your so called masterpiece is facing down
    Step 4 - Cry
    Step 5 - Play some games to cheer up, maybe Some battlefield3. but be careful with the settings you have only 1GB of VRAM

19. qubit

Thanks Received:
    Yes, I agree that the card is a technical masterpiece and if you say they have particularly gifted engineers, then I'll take that at face value. However, it's still a paperweight if it doesn't work though and that's when the company's customer service becomes critical. Perhaps it's excellent I don't know, but from someone looking from the outside in, I can only go by the general impression they give and reputation they hold. So, do they have a good reputation? I dunno, I'd try to research that a bit if I was in the market for one.

20. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:

Colorful have a brilliant reputation man, you have to bare in mind they're mostly going to sell this in china there's not even a need for them to have good English, if they sell some cards here cool but it isn't their aim.

Whilst I would of prefered all this engineering in a 570/580 6950/70 this is damn fine piece of work, hell the PCB uses silver instead of copper man, the things nuts :laugh:

By the by loads of the REALLY good PSUs and heatsinks are made and designed by chinese companies with crappy marketing in English, and yet they're some of the highest rated products : ] ( Pretty much all of Alpenfóhn's products are designed by chinese OEMS, Xigmatek etc)

Now makes me wonder if colorfire could design heatsinks by themselfs that would fit reference design cards nicely, that would be cool.

Edit reviews and rewards http://en.colorful.cn/Product/AwardList.aspx

qubit says thanks.
  21. claylomax

claylomax

Thanks Received:
    They do sometimes. :)

22. CyberDruid

CyberDruid New Member

Thanks Received:
    Dang. So much time and money spent developing these products...products that will be obsolete in a short time. It's getting to the point where the GFX cards are bigger than the whole rest of the PC. I would like to plug that into a mini ITX board and vacuum form a case around the mainboard so only the GFX card shows.

23. bojsa New Member

Thanks Received:
    At least they are not afraid of trying new things, unlike most of the manufacturers who just offer 300% more airflow and 20 C cooler temps etc. Also ASUS did 3 Slot cooler and it was praised as a great solution. This looks even better and more efficient. Not to mention it is far more unique, and personally for everyone who likes to have something that is not generic it's a great card. You don't have to use included colors, i wouldn't at least, because i'm not good at painting, but the rest of the card is simply top notch :)

24. xBruce88x

xBruce88x

Thanks Received:
    I was more or less comparing it with other GTX 560 TIs, the others gpu-z shots were just there for ref. Guess i should have been more clear about that.

and that Gigy SOC is $370 compared to the $270 price tag of the MSI GTX 560TI Hawk. (I'm sure the SOC is a faster card, but $100 is quite a price diff.)

I'm surprised PowerColor didn't decide to put 2GB on their iGame.

More than 25k PPD
  25. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    That's a crazy video card.