1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars. Great Game!

Discussion in 'Games' started by JdPower, Mar 28, 2007.

1. JdPower New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you're a C&C junky like I use to be when I played it on PS1, its BACK and better then ever! Picked up the game yesterday and man I have been stuck on it every minute. GDI and NOD are back and KANE is back as well. Even if you like GDI, you know KANE is leet! If you like fast paced RTS games this is the one for you! The graphics are awesome, with lots of cool lasers and explosions, very good details in characters and vehicles. Sounds are great, you can here them crazy NOD screaming like they did back in the days. The controls are really simple as well, brought back the old GUI (RA2 style GUI). The replay value it extremely high, being that you have a good amount of long campaigns, skirmishes, and the no limit ONLINE play.

I honestly thought EA was going to destroy this game, but I was wrong. EA did a great job in small fine details they did with this game. They came up with new features like voice-over IP, integrated clan support, and new spectator modes (Battlecast). Also they came up with gameplay features that rewards a player for their unique play style. Not only that but they took time in great detail to put a very good story line into the game.

So far its been a great purchase and only got 3hrs of sleep, but I hope you guys get a chance to play the game. Even if you don't really like RTS games play the demo, and trust me you'll be hooked.

Thxs for reading.

2. LiNKiN

LiNKiN Staff

Thanks Received:
    Ive seriously been thinking about getting this game because I loved the old school stuff. I was just waiting for some other peeps to voice their opinion after playing!

3. JdPower New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you like the old one... you will 100% like this one :rockout:

4. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    I really like the multiplayer features, will have to pick it up.

5. dave_cortez

dave_cortez New Member

Thanks Received:
    Haven't tried the game yet but I'm sure this game rocks! Gonna get me one of this soon :)

6. OrbitzXT

OrbitzXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    I bought it being a fellow C&C junkie but the computer I was going to assemble today to play it had a dead motherboard so its just sitting here. It got a 9.0 review but apparently the game is plagued with problems for a large group of people. Also the multiplayer which seemed good from reading turned out to be quite bad, hosted by GameSpy. I'm just hoping when I get my computer up and running I'm one of the people without problems.

7. vivanco

vivanco New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have the game, it is awesome, i love it :)

8. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    got the demo - find it very lacking.

In the full, can you shift-click to queue up orders? i sent orcas to attack something, and theres no way at all to have them automatically return... you have to babysit all the units.

9. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    i am enjoying it. but only in short bursts. i play it for like an hour a day. its basically the same old RTS with some flashy videos and decent graphics. i was expecting more.

Crunching for Team TPU
  10. JdPower New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hmmm, not sure about the queuing up orders. But the orcas once they attack something they should return to base... least thats what happens with mine. I usually have 8 orcas and I have them attack in groups of 4. 4 return to base then the other 4 attack and then return to base.

11. LiNKiN

LiNKiN Staff

Thanks Received:
    I went ahead and bought the game last night so I cant wait to check it out! :toast: Ill have to hook up with some of you guys for some MP action! :toast:

12. JdPower New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am down... :nutkick:

:D

xfire: bigtibs

13. Kristoff88 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am a die hard Red Alert fan. I've always enjoyed that series as opposed to the tiberium monologues.

C&C 3 changed my mind, completely. :D Great game.

14. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    After playing it a lot more, i can say its better than i originally feared - its a VERY simple RTS game - you cant qeue orders, you cant do any of the advanced things that games such as supreme commander excelt at.

However, its very well polised, single player is great fun, and i'm yet to experience any bugs that detract from the gameplay.

15. LiNKiN

LiNKiN Staff

Thanks Received:
    Wow. I really, really like this game. Theve already patched some bugs that I never got to experience. And for an EA game it is very well polished and I love the flow of the game, the action is awesome. The graphics are really nice! Very, very kool! Im addicted. LAWLS :toast:

xfire=linkinparkinok

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  16. i_am_mustang_man New Member

Thanks Received:
    it's really fun. i have only played the first 4 campaign missions or so, but it is really fun

17. Eric_Cartman

Eric_Cartman

Thanks Received:
    i'm so glad this didn't turn into another Generals, ea finally got something right for once!

18. LiNKiN

LiNKiN Staff

Thanks Received:
    Now if only EA could get their crap together on other games!

19. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    gennerals wasn't so bad, but it should be called a "C&C" :D

20. Eric_Cartman

Eric_Cartman

Thanks Received:
    i think you mean "shouldn't" be called a c&c

i personally didn't like the game, too buggy, and to basic

21. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    yep, shouldn't
    on-line it's pretty cool :)

22. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    i've got one complaint as a way to back-up my earlier comment on orcas.

If i send orcas to say, attack an enemy building, they fly out, fire all their ammo and come straight home. if they have ammo left, they sit there and do nothing.

On a return trip its always a straight line - you have to babysit the unit to make them say, attack from the rear, and retreat back that way too.

Other RTS games you can shift-click and have them circle before attacking, and then do the same with waypoints to have them come back out the back of the base too.

23. demonbrawn

demonbrawn New Member

Thanks Received:
    My fiance bought this game for me for our anniversary, but won't let me have it until then (this Wednesday)... can't wait! Hahah, she told me that I had better spend as much time with her as I do playing this game. What was she thinking!? She should know better:roll:

24. ex_reven New Member

Thanks Received:
    you should be able to set waypoints
    the original tiberian sun let you do it, try to look more carefully. Or read/look through the manual if you got one.

25. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    manual?
    who the hell reads the manual????????