1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

comment/review AC Freezer Pro 7

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by InSanE, Nov 25, 2007.

1. InSanE New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey everyone,:) does anyone own or has previouly owned or used a AC Freezer Pro 7. Any one with any info it would be helpful ThX

-InSanE
  2. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I am currently using an AC Freezer 7 Pro on my Oc'd e6300...maybe I can answer your questions?
  3. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The freezer 7 pro is the best budget cooler on the market. Best price to performance ratio. I've had both the freezer 7 pro and the Freezer 64, amongst many coolers.
  4. InSanE New Member

Thanks Received:
    YEA im sure you would be a lot of help cause i have the same processor...and i just bought the Freezer Pro 7 from a yard sale yesterday for $4....

Have you seen any improvement of the temps?
  5. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Dead on about the cooler. But also to be noted at 100% fan speed that 92mm fan pushes quite a bit of air, and does make some noise, as to be expected. I'm currently using the performance algorithm in my bios for fan speed adjustemnt to crank up when the temps go up, so when I'm browsing my PC stays pretty quiet, and doesn't ramp up until I'm folding or gaming.

It's easy to install, the push pins trump Intel's stock cooler design. The base comes with MX-1 pre applied, good stuff imo, so just install it and go. I aim mine towards the rear exhaust fan, and since I have a cooler for some vrms on my MB that direction, the bottom fins on the cooler direct air over the heatpipe/heatsink in that area.

I've been using mine since I built this current PC and I love it thus far. Definately worth every penny of the price. It keeps my OC'd e6300 well within safe limits, and I see users with G6600 quad cores using this cooler all day long, granted they may not OC as high as more expensive coolers, they do quite well.

:toast:
  6. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Compared to stock? Oh yeah...make sure if it's used you get some good thermal interface material such as MX-1 or MX-2 or AS5. The cooler comes with MX-1 applied when new, but assuming it's used since you got it at a yard sale, you will want to get something.

I noticed a pretty good difference between stock cooling and this, this cooler does a great job and will trump the stock intel cooler. And for $4 you have a great cooler and an amazing price!

InSanE says thanks.
  7. InSanE New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea I was going to buy some Artic Silver 5.....and thx for your help :)
  8. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    No problems dude! If you have anymore questions, lemme know!