1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Community Review Opportunity

Discussion in 'Thermaltake' started by Tt Enthusiasts, May 8, 2012.

1. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    Most people don't see using high CFM fans on any rad. These fans I like most of the time they spend there life at 5v anyway. I only crank them up for heavier overclocking and it does make a difference on this chip/cooler.
  2. Uber_Tiny New Member

Thanks Received:
    Closed loop systems is where you want to start off if you're nervous. They are made to be simplistic and easy to implement, unlike a custom setup. In my experience I find that the closed loop systems are perfect for both the enthusiast and the every day user. With the Thermaltake options its a win win for everyone. The only maintenance you would need to do is with canned air. ;)
  3. STCNE

STCNE New Member

Thanks Received:
    I got the email as well. I'm hoping I get to review one or both things this round. Hopefully I get to test the mouse out, getting a bit tired of my G500 and I'm really picky with my mice. Though I am still using a stock cooler on my CPU, would be nice to get off of that.
  4. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    for reference, who did the email say was from? that way i can keep an eye out for it in hope i do get one.
  5. STCNE

STCNE New Member

Thanks Received:
    The email came from Shannon Robb, Thermaltake's marketing manager.
  6. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    Woot! thanks for picking me to review the mouse :D can't wait till it arrives next week :eek:
  7. STCNE

STCNE New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yay, got picked to review the mouse. Been playing the WotR beta and my logi is giving me hand cramps, can't wait to see how the mouse compares to my Logi and the RAT 7 I had a few months back.

Thanks TT. :)
    AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  8. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    I was selected for the Water 2.0 Extreme, looking forward to doing the review.
    stinger608 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    lucky lol guess ill be sitting this one out, granted the only thing im missing at this point is a thermaltake case... already got a mouse, keyboard, powersupply and cooler granted i need a new keyboard and mouse worn these out already.
  10. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    GW 2 will be perfect to try out this mouse and i'll prolly throw some WoW in there too. I'll have to look for an RTS to install from Steam tho. BF3 is a given for FPS :p
  11. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    Very excited about the Water2.0 Extreme, thanks (again) for the opportunity to test drive a product!
    AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  12. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    I guess I'm not in on this one since I haven't gotten no email or anything. That sucks. Was really looking forward to it. I'll still keep my hopes up though.
  13. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    theres always next times pops :toast: im in the same boat as you lol.
    popswala says thanks.
  14. Tt Enthusiasts

Tt Enthusiasts Thermaltake Rep

Thanks Received:
    sorry guys right now this is a smaller venture I am personally heading up... if we can make this turn out really good.

and this means reviews complete on time and good quality I am hoping to grow this so even more of you can be involved.

do note that if I receive more requests for the product that the reviewers are sometimes based off random generator just to give everyone a fair shot.

also if I know someone has a strength in knowledge of one category versus another I do tend to slot them into that type of product as they are more likely to be detailed and accurate in that product line as well.

dont worry as long as this continues to go well we will have many more to come :)
    [Ion], stinger608, theonedub and 5 others say thanks.
  15. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    its all good spreading the love and giving others an opportunity to play with interesting products is always a good thing.
  16. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    Mouse just arrived today :D going to install it after I pick up my son from child care :p
  17. STCNE

STCNE New Member

Thanks Received:
    You got yours? I'd better go check the front door then.

Edit: Not here yet. Delivering in the middle of the night isn't uncommon for UPS/USPS around here though. I'll check tomorrow morning.

Edit2: Ok, it's here. The UPS ninjas left it in the bushes and didn't ring the bell.
    First impressions are all good. I almost don't want to plug my G500 back in but I've got to so I can do some gaming tests. Seems to lean itself toward Claw grip, but I don't think anyone using palm grip would have an issue. So far, I'm reminded of the RAT shape wise, but without the many problems that came with the RAT.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  18. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Hmmm I didn't get mine either, maybe a shipping delay
    Crunching for Team TPU
  19. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    I got one as well.
  20. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    How many review samples are being supplied this time around?
  21. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    My Water2.0 Extreme sample came in a couple days ago. Clearing time to get the review done.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  22. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    My Water2.0 Extreme came in a few days ago and I had to get a little creative to "mount" it in my SilverStone GD05B-USB3 case. I wanted to know whether or not the 2 fan headers on the pump are capable of taking 2 fans per channel, since I want to salvage the 2 fans from the original Water2.0 Performer I was given and run the Water2.0 Extreme in a push-pull configuration.

Oh and here's a picture of how I mounted it, I'll pretty it up later, but I think it's pretty hot the way it is:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Had to sacrifice my case, but I got it really cheap on Craigslist anyway so it didn't hurt that much.

My motherboard still isn't back from RMA yet so I won't have numbers up just yet, but it should be back from Asus within a week.
    popswala says thanks.
  23. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    Yea I guess I am special LOLOLOL. I have not gotten any confirmation or denial emails on anything. I remember several years ago though, we would put in a request for a review sample and it would just show up at the site headquarters without any communication from Tt.

Bottom line is; I miss the heck out of doing computer hardware reviews and have my fingers crossed that I will be included in something soon. :)
    Crunching for Team TPU
  24. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you ever need someone in australia i would do it for sure,[no harm in asking] great idea, good one!!!
  25. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    Still need an answer as to whether or not the fan headers on the pump can handle 2 fans each for a push/pull config. :)