• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Complete First Timer wanting to OC a E5300

champaned_out

just like the title says, ive been reading around various forums about overclocking and i started to get very interested about what i can achieve with my cpu/system... i know theres alot of work involved but i wanted to know if theres anyone that can help me step by step if possible on some the important parts
the only problem i seem to have is that my motherboard wont allow me to do much tweaks to overclock my CPU... i cant seem to change the multiplier or the vCore on my cpu... as i am stuck on x13... it will only allow me to change the FSB... ive already bumped the FSB from the stock 200 to 220 and im sitting at 2.8ghz... im actually running prime95 right now but i wanted to know if its possible to hit 3ghz or possibly more even without being able to change the vcore or multiplier...

right now im running
E5300 Dual Core
3072 Mbytes of RAM
Biostar P4M900-M7 FE
Corsair 400W PSU (+3.3V@20A,+5V@20A,+12V@30A,-12V@0.8A,+5VSB@2.5A)
Masscool 90mm Ball CPU Cooler (Airflow:41.15 CFM at 2400 RPM)
ATI HD 4770

another thing i had a question about was that my both of my RAM sticks are different.. would that pose as a problem when overclocking? as of right now they are all running under auto in Bios... i didnt know how to change the timings on them since they both differ