1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Complete RAM Sheet?

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Munki, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Munki

Munki

Thanks Received:
    Does anyone know where I can locate a complete RAM sheet, that incldues PC* and *Mhz?

A buddy of mine is going to try to get his A+ from CompTIA, and I don't have time to make a list. If anyone could point me in a direction so I can pioint him, that would be wonderful.

Thanks.

2. TIGR

Thanks Received:
    I'm not clear on exactly what you're looking for. Something like this? Sorry if this is a dumb response. :laugh:

Munki says thanks.
  3. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    You mean standards? There's a separate standard for SDRAM, DDR SDRAM, DDR2 SDRAM, and DDR3 SDRAM. Wiki has the standards listed for each of those types of RAM. Some manufacturers go beyond the standards though.

Munki says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. crazy pyro

crazy pyro New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just take the speed and multiply it by 8 to get the PC speed so DDR2 at 800MHz is PC6400
    Or PC8500/8=1062.5MHz, 8500 is commonly used to refer to 1066 Ram as the PC rating is calculated from the RAM speed and then rounded up/ down as 90% of people can't deal with a decimal (sorry, I like maths).
    Edit: TIGR put what you're after but it may be easier for him to use the formula and round up/ down.

Munki says thanks.
  5. Munki

Munki

Thanks Received:
    Yes, TIGR that is what he needs. Now just gotta have the other standards as well. :laugh:

@Concept, I always forget about da WIKI.

@Crazy_Pyro, dude, really? haha. I dislike math very much. (well unless it looks something like this :

*.*.*.*

Thanks you guys.

6. crazy pyro

crazy pyro New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey, I was just providing an alternative, some people remember formulae MUCH more easily than they do masses of figures! Good luck to your friend anyway though.

7. Jstn7477

Jstn7477

Thanks Received:
    For old SDRAM, the PC rating is equal to the memory speed e.g. 66MHz = PC66, 100MHz = PC100, etc. (up to PC150 for out-of-spec overclocking RAM, up to PC133 for JEDEC standards if I recall.)

For DDR/2/3, the table referenced in post #2 will suffice.

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD