• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Compliment to the forums: MASSIVE ATTENDANCE rate by comparison to others I frequent!

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
NO. There is never a need to bash mods.

They are doing a service here by keeping the trolls out and helping to keep focus.

If you were pointing that at me Thermopylae I'm sorry, and if not I am still sorry.

I got my first banning from a site way back in the day for bringing to light my half of the story, copy and paste from PM's and that was a mistake. And a banning I deserved. All brought on by me trying to be a young know it all punk.

I respect the mods here and have no beef with any of them. I left a site and the folding team when I was in first place about to break a million points and had helped the team with my farm of systems. I left as they were running nazi wild on peeps. I ended up here and here I stay.

TPU FTW!!!!! 111111111 WAFFLES WAFFLES twelve twelve

System Name Monolith
Processor Intel Xeon E3110 Wolfdale@3.5GHz
Motherboard MSI P35-Neo
Cooling Active Air
Memory 4GB DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 3850 512MB PCI-E
Storage 1 x 80GB Internal, 1 x 250GB Internal, 1 x 40GB External
Display(s) Acer X203w
Case Generic black case with locking front bezel
Audio Device(s) Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS
Power Supply 500 Watt Seasonic M12
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
The only reason I said that was because this thread was brought back as a deliberate attack against me for closing a thread, that would have quickly got out of hand, and issuing 0pt warning for using derogatory remarks, aimed at a minority group for the sole purpose of insulting that group. There is an appropriate way to exercise free speech, and insulting others is not it. If you want to discuss a controversial issue, than do it in an intellectual, non-insulting, civil manner. Using racist, diminutive, and prejudicial remarks isn't going to be tolerated.

If the thread had been started in an appropriate manner, it might still be going right now.

zekrahminator

McLovin
Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane @ 2.8GHz (224x12.5, 1.425V)
Motherboard Gigabyte sumthin-or-another, it's got an nForce 430
Cooling Dual 120mm case fans front/rear, Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, Zalman VF-900 on GPU
Memory 2GB G.Skill DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire X850XT @ 580/600
Storage WD 160 GB SATA hard drive.
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen, 5ms response time, 1440x900
Case Thermaltake Soprano (black with side window).
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Live! 24 bit (paired with X-530 speakers).
Power Supply ThermalTake 430W TR2
Software XP Home SP2, can't wait for Vista SP1.
Mmmm, 1100-1800 readers at any given moment :). In my opinion those numbers are a bit skewed. 1100-1800 readers is not exactly 1100-1800 active posting members. I'd guess that about 200 of us actually come back on a regular basis and speak our minds as contributing forum members.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
Agreed - it's just a "better place to be", in terms of techno-help (and, I've poked around in about 10 over time, maybe more, since 1997 or so on the web @ least), AND people imo... coolest moderators/admins I have ever seen, just good people!

awww on behalf of the mods i thank you i hope im doing a good job im trying and let me tell you regardless of how good i may be doing im learning from the best imo.
i mean iv been
to some sites were you never even spoke to the owner of the site never mind having his sn and holding a convo with him on and off the boards cheers to you w1zz one of the reasons i think this place is so sucessful is the fact i can and other ppl can speak to the creator.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
I respect the mods here and have no beef with any of them. I left a site and the folding team when I was in first place about to break a million points and had helped the team with my farm of systems. I left as they were running nazi wild on peeps. I ended up here and here I stay.

TPU FTW!!!!! 111111111 WAFFLES WAFFLES twelve twelve

ya know just for saying that i think ill target you no period? 2 day ban lol j/k abusing power is sooooo bad..and thnx for the compliments steevo.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
ya know just for saying that i think ill target you no period? 2 day ban lol j/k abusing power is sooooo bad..and thnx for the compliments steevo.

FU too eh Hoser!!!

:laugh:

Thermo;

That WASN'T aimed at you, or anyone. It was personal experiance. There was alot of history with me and mine and friends there. Including a personal journal of mine and some shit that I was going through. It is all gone now. And no, you weren't abusing your power, or wrong. It is YOUR call, make it and go with it.

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

overcast

Processor AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.7ghz Stock Voltage
Motherboard ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
Cooling Stock Opteron
Memory OCZ PC4000 EB Platinum 2GB
Video Card(s) ATI X1900XTX
Storage 2 x Western Digital 74gb Raptors
Display(s) NEC 990B 19"
Case Antec P150
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic S12-500
Software XP 32bit
awww on behalf of the mods i thank you i hope im doing a good job im trying and let me tell you regardless of how good i may be doing im learning from the best imo.
i mean iv been
to some sites were you never even spoke to the owner of the site never mind having his sn and holding a convo with him on and off the boards cheers to you w1zz one of the reasons i think this place is so sucessful is the fact i can and other ppl can speak to the creator.
Those sites are MASSIVE that's why. W1zzard is certainly not going to entertain conversations with a user base ten times this. No one has time for that.

Alec§taar

Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
Processor DualCore AMD Athlon 64x2 4800+ (o/c 2801mhz STABLE (Ketxxx, POGE, Tatty One, ME))
Motherboard ASUS A8N-SLI Premium (PCIe x16, x4, x1)
Cooling PhaseChange Coolermaster CM754/939 (fan/heatsink), Thermalright heatspreaders + fan built on (RAM)
Memory 512mb PC-3200 DDR400 (set DDR-33 for o/c) by Corsair (matched pair, 2x256mb) 200.1/200mhz
Video Card(s) BFG GeForce 7900 GTX OC 512mb GDDR3 ram (o/c manually to 686 core/865 memory) - PhaseChange cooled
Storage Dual "Raptor X" 16mb 10krpm/RAID 0 Promise EX8350 x4 PCIe 128mb & Intel IO chip/CENATEK RocketDrive
Display(s) SONY 19" Trinitron MultiScan 400ps 1600x1200 75hz refresh 32-bit color
Case Antec Super-LanBoy (aluminum baby-tower w/ lower front & upper rear cooling exhaust fans)
Audio Device(s) RealTek AC97 onboard mobo stereo sound (Altec Lansing ACS-45 speakers - 10 yrs. still running!)
Power Supply Antec 500w ATX 2.0 "SmartPower" powersupply
Software Windows Server 2003 SP #1 fully patched, & massively tuned/tweaked to-the-max (plus latest drivers)
I hate them no more or less than the Windows Vista EULA. It sucks, but it is there. It is inconsequential to me that they are homosexual or heterosexual, just the fact that it is flaunted in most.

That's true... look @ the 'bright-side' of gay dudes: They're NOT trying to 'outcompete' (or shaft you stabbing you in the back via b.s. tales told to the women) you for women! HECK, some of them will HELP you score chicks in fact, if they know you're "straight" because most times they'll leave you alone (not 'hit on you' lol) IF they know you are not gay... they ARE cool like that, on both accounts I have found!

And I do know some, and have worked with one.

I had a GOOD buddy of mine turn up gay that I knew in highschool, & used to hang around with... he had girls "hanging off his undershorts" but never 'took advantage' & I figured he was a virgin or something, but I was wrong - years later, while waiting in a shopping mall around my college for my then g/f to show up, I ran into him & during conversation I asked "How are the women treating you?" & then, he told me... I never knew, & yes, it was a shock.

LOL, I asked him "You never tried anything w/ me: Why is that, lol?" He said "Because you would have beaten me up probably lol" (I wouldn't have)... I was actually insulted, lol, believe it or not, that he never tried to hit on me, hehe!

Anyhow, that didn't make him any less of a person to me - heck, while I trained for sports in highschool I used to EXTENSIVELY use long-distance biking to do so, & he was the ONLY person that would do that with me (take 30-50 mile long bike rides to diff. towns exploring & using it as a workout), & was a GOOD pal, whom I could trust (lol, especially now, even around women I date, lol).

I simply disagree with their choice of lifestyle, as they probably disagree with mine.

I do as well, but it is the way it is... sometimes, some really "flaming" queer dudes sort of 'creep me out', but as long as they 'leave me be', it's cool. They can't help it.

I found that out one day while I was in Atlanta Georgia (big gay population there, they call it the "San Francisco of the South" in fact) in the PeachTree st. area (big party area & business too) & while drunk (yes, I do that occasionally, lol) I 'stumbled into' the gay district (I was new in town, working nearby, & figured if I got TOO smashed on Friday nite, I could go to the office, take the elevator & use my ID card to do the security & crash in my office & do some work early Sat. A.M. too).

I was in this one bar, didn't realize it was a 'gay bar', until 2 dudes next to me having a drink started kissing one another... I was like "whoa!" & then, I asked one of them this question:

"Hey man - what is it that you see in another man's hairy a$$?"

(The bartender put his hand over his mouth, laffing, but said "My man, down in this part of town? That can get you hurt, watch it!" & I was like "Man, it's an HONEST question!" so, they left me be, but answered too)

The gay dude said "Well, why do you like women?"

I said "I was born that way I suppose!"

He said "Same here, but w/ guys!"

So, since then? I have NEVER wondered why they are, the way they are. I don't particularly care, as long as they don't try anything 'phunny' w/ me!

I didn't start it to get a flame war going. But it is always homosexuality that takes the news, and it is absurd. Where are the news articles about how a "straight" man was made fun of and the provocateur had to undergo therapy to over come his situation. There isn't.

Well, they tend to be (many of them, not all) more like women are imo... in fact, my g/f's over time agreed w/ me on 1 account - they are MORE WOMEN, than women are!

It is the extra portion of rights and boohoo attitude that I disagree with.

Totally - but, the 'squeaky wheel' often does get the grease... they're just trying to protect themselves.

BUT, making a guy have to go to some b.s. that makes him look like a psycho (like anger mgt. stuff & this thing can imo), is wrong...

FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS STILL ALLOWED IN THE U.S.A. LAST I KNEW OF!

(BUT, by the same token, being cool to others & TRYING @ least to understand their viewpoint is the counterpoint here... some folks can't handle being 'busted on' publicly, or having their 'secret life' exposed. Some gay dudes DO try to hide it, & the very fact they do says much to me... society doesn't tolerate it well!)

Still, gay people have a right to live too, & in peace imo.

Heck, again: Some of the MOST trustworthy & good friends I have had turned up gay. One I mention above, & another I worked with... he was a GOOD guy, & programmed on the As/400 midrange side, while I worked on the PC side @ a large company I was with in Atlanta 1995-1997. He would test my work on the PC (good thing to have a mainframe/midrange guy do that) & I would in turn do the same to his As/400 work (he felt as I did, take a guy from another kind of puter & use him to test the work on the midrange).

He was also a smart & cool person ontop of being a great coder. He NEVER once tried to 'hit on me' either... He knew I was straight.

In fact, the ONLY way I found out was from a guy that sat next to me (who was cool too) & asked me "Why do you hang out w/ him? He's gay you know!" I was like "No way..." but the 'southern accent' folks down there have hid it from me... I couldn't tell by the "lilt in his voice" he was gay in fact. I didn't care, I still kept him as a work buddy.

So please don't insinuate that I have a burning hatred and death wish to all who choose a different lifestyle.

I never thought you were busting on any group, but more the fact the guy who ribbed on the gay people got sentenced to 'psychoanalysis' type stuff... that IS wrong imo as well.

It's just words... but, admittedly, sometimes? Words & rumor CAN affect things postively OR adversely... heck, look @ the stockmarket!

Rumors can turn it 1 way, or the other, easily... part of why spammers are turning to doing stock tips via email rampantly lately. It's said they can "pump" a stock up to 5% gain & profit by it, JUST USING RUMORS via email!

"THE PEN IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD" (or, can be in some cases)

APK

P.S.=> I think Thermo was just trying to "put out a fire" before it could start here is all, by stomping your post... that's all!

Have I 'busted on' gay dudes? YES... one in particular from arstechnica before, & that was ONLY because he did to me first, & kept it up on other forums... had to 'school him' a few ways (tech points, & other things) and did bug him about being gay (he was cutting me down on other things too, so tit for tat)... I am NOT above defending myself, kind-for-kind: When in ROME? Do as the romans do, is my policy... apk

Last edited:

overcast

Processor AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.7ghz Stock Voltage
Motherboard ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
Cooling Stock Opteron
Memory OCZ PC4000 EB Platinum 2GB
Video Card(s) ATI X1900XTX
Storage 2 x Western Digital 74gb Raptors
Display(s) NEC 990B 19"
Case Antec P150
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic S12-500
Software XP 32bit
I'd love to know the refresh rate on the active users list. By default user activity is set to 15 minutes in Vbulletin. By increasing the refresh rate you can easily make it appear that your forum is heavily populated, even though users have not been active for most of it. 1500 users constantly is a very significant amount of traffic. Unless most of these users are just reading, the amount of posts per minute/hour doesn't see reflective of it. At quick glance it's set at at least 30mins.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Active users list is based off unique IP addresses I believe. So it really means that in the lase XX minutes we have recieved XXXXXX number of page or resource requests from unique IP addresses.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
I'd love to know the refresh rate on the active users list. By default user activity is set to 15 minutes in Vbulletin. By increasing the refresh rate you can easily make it appear that your forum is heavily populated, even though users have not been active for most of it. 1500 users constantly is a very significant amount of traffic. Unless most of these users are just reading, the amount of posts per minute/hour doesn't see reflective of it. At quick glance it's set at at least 30mins.

it is set to 30 minutes

pt

not a suicide-bomber
Processor AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TL-60 (Trinidad)
Motherboard ASUS F3Ka (ATI RS690M)
Cooling stock
Memory Nanya 2x1GB ddr2 667@5-5-5-15-2T
Video Card(s) ATI Mobility Radeon HD2600 512MB DDR2@ 580mhz/486mhz
Storage 160GB on laptop+250GB external
Display(s) ASUS 15.4
Case Asus Laptop F3Ka chassis
Audio Device(s) on-board
Power Supply 1:30minutes battery
Software "genui xp", 'cause i hated vista

on the other forum i go (a portuguese one) the admin is always there to help ya, everytime :)
altought it's a shop forum, and the admin is the shop owner, as soon as we post asking for a if the shop can get a new piece of hardware he's there with a answer :)
i have no complaints with w1z whatsoever too :)