1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

COMPLIT! now i want oc my CPU for now with stock cooler AMD Phenom II x4 960T

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by StanMen, Jun 17, 2012.

1. StanMen New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys my rig is done for now, and in some time i will change the Cooler from stock for CPU to AC 212, then i change my GPU for HD 6870 or beter AMD Video Card, but for now is oky, so i want ask you guys can you tel me best config to achive with my Stock cooler on CPU AMD Phenom II x4 960T BE this speeds ;

Normal cor speed pretended 3.2Ghz and on Turbo Cor Mod 3.5Ghz, i wan to know the settings that i need change like HT, FSB, i think i also will stay with auto Voltage for CPU 1.320V, help me achie that speeds 3.2Ghz Turbo 3.5Ghz :p Thanks

:rolleyes:

2. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    set CPU multiplier to 20x
    set voltage to 1.4 V

you will end up with 4GHz.

have you tried unlocking the 2 extra cores to make it a 6 core CPU?

and there is no particular configuration, it is completely dependent on the CPU itself. one CPU may do a gazillion GHz and another may do only 3 ;p

you need to download prime 95 and test the stability later, by running it for atleast 8 hrs (overnight)

StanMen says thanks.
  3. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    With a stock cooler and a 4 phase motherboard? I don't know about that.

4. StanMen New Member

Thanks Received:
    thanks man de.das.dude! hehe so is just this i have to runn it with multipl x20 and voltage to 1.4 ? i have all this prog for test for bench i know how to OCing but on intel chipeset i also had amd but old one and this new mobo and new cpu have so many configs on bios so i'm a bit confused hahah :D my Mobo is AMD 780G ChipeSet ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3.0 100%Sold Caps, Core Unlocker and bla bla bla DDR3 16Gb max and 2000Mhz, is very cool mobo i like this and have no probs and even on temps my CPU is 28c min on idel and on max 44-41cº wen i play hard ! hehe my GPU is AMD GeCUBE HD4870 512GDDR5 OC 780-1000Mhz(4.0Mhz) 128Gb/s and temps ar idel 46-full load on BF3 and gming is 67,

now i just want get on cpu 3.2Ghz normal and Turbo Core on 3.5Ghz :) and yes i have tryed Unlock my CPU but have no luck :((

erocker bro why you hait my mobo is cool not bad at all belive me is beter than M5A78L-M LX, Asus M5A78L-M LE, Asus M5A78L LE, and Asus M5A78L, and MSI of this caind of mobos, my mobo have OC profiles have Turbo V bro is a cool mobo with relation of price perfomance and is AM3+ 140Wtt up CPU's suport up to 140Watt is very good and It features dual-channel DDR3 memory support and accelerates data transfer rate up to 5200MT/s via HyperTransport™ 3.0 based system bus, so on my opinion its good OC copabilitys :) hehe and thanks for your comment i like to know opinion from all of you guys ! so thanks

now for settings for my cpu what you recomend ? :D

5. erocker

Thanks Received:
    I don't hate your mobo, I'm just stating the facts. Use the proper hardware for the job.

StanMen, Aquinus, JrRacinFan and 2 others say thanks.
  6. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried bumping the multiplier up to 16x and for turbo 17.5x?

StanMen says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    yes and yes. i know a friend who does 4GHz on a 955. a cheap ass 4phase mobo. and this is a thuban... these are supposed to go higher aint it?

8. erocker

Thanks Received:
    No and no. Sure a four phase mobo can do it, but each motherboard with perform differently. Some may not do it, some might and some might just fail and break. The stock cooler is no where near good enough to do this.

9. StanMen New Member

Thanks Received:
    hey mate, i have tryed for turbo 17.5x but i did it on Overdrive, for CPU i did 16x also in overdrive but i take it back caus i know that for OC is beter make it in BIOS but in my bios i don't understand wich is Multiplicator for Turbo wiche is Mult for CPU normal so i have stuck hahaha :eek: if you want i take a photo of my bios and you see if you understand caus i have so many controles for CPU :eek: many things in OC Tweaker, i take a pic and show you buddy :)

or if i make oc in Overdrive there is no problem ?? i know beter in bios but in Overdrive also not bad right ??:confused:

ThE_MaD_ShOt says thanks.
  10. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    Skip overclocking. Want a tougher challenge? Try doing an undervolt ;)

11. StanMen New Member

Thanks Received:
    Try doing an undervolt ?? for wat bro this going encrise my speed on CPU ? look this is my temps mate :

in this pic my GPU is on idel so the GPU speed is 500Mhz idel on Full load is 775Mhz :D and temps on full load is 61-65c
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    Sorry buddy, still having my morning coffee. I meant undervolt & overclock, alogn with disabling turbo and run one speed in conjunction with C1E/CnQ. Should keep your board kicking for some time, most of these chips can do 3.8Ghz and anything above 3.5Ghz on a Phenom II can really shine.

Remember not too too long ago I kinda called your board crap? Well now is the time to prove me wrong. Shoot for 3.6Ghz and try lowering voltage as much as possible **hint hint my old x2 555 used to do that unlocked @ 1.28v ;)

StanMen says thanks.
  13. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    Yes take a pic of the bios screen so we can see what options you have. :toast:

StanMen says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  14. StanMen New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have here this pics of bios and also i rase up HT from 2009.1 to HT 2209.1 this is good or bad ? thanks my HT max is 2600.

Top of BIOS Jumpers Configurations

[​IMG]

Scrol down a bit to last

[​IMG]

Here pic of HT link 2209.9 NOW Change it for correct speed de acording to my ram 1600Mhz =800 x2 = 2400HT !

now i have also more ventilation in my case i got 3BIG 120mm Fans the fan on back is pulling out the fan down in front is puting in and fan up of side panel is puting in aer and also one 80mm fan is puting in aer, but tomorow or even next week i will get one 140mm fann RED LED to side panel to puting aer and also will get new CPU cooler and is going be an Corsair A50 i think is beter than CoolerMaster H212 Evo or guys i shold get this one Cooler CPU Universal Be Quiet! Dark Rock Advanced or this one Cooler Universal Thermaltake Frio or for last Corsair Hydro WC H40 ? wich cooler is beter ?

[​IMG]

here my max HT link ; Now 2400HT Correct.

[​IMG]

guys also i found this vids ver very help !
    http://www.homepcbuilder.com/overcl...ideos/lesson-06-cpu-nb-ht-link-overclock.html

My ram DDR3 DCL9 Kingston HiperX Genesis Blue 1600MHz 9.9.9.27
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  15. StanMen New Member

Thanks Received:
    proper hardware like OverDrive mate ? :D hehe np in some time i will change my mobo to new one AMD ChipSet so i maybe goo for a Asus M5A99X EVO is a very good mobo and here is about 110€-120€ depend on stor :rockout:

16. StanMen New Member

Thanks Received:
    buddy i must for now make a small very small oc on cpu caus it got a stock cooler for now in some time i will get aftermarket cooler from Corsair, ColerMaster Hiper 412S, or Thermaltake, or Bi-Quiet ;) and then i oc for 4.0Ghz

17. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't OC on the stock cooler. The heatpipe version is good for stock clocks or maybe 200-300 over but I would not go over 1.375V

ThE_MaD_ShOt and StanMen say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU