• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Compro Intros Powerful VideoMate Vista E800F PCIe x1 TV/FM Tuner Card

malware

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 VID: 1.2125
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P rev.2.0
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme + Noctua NF-S12 Fan
Memory 4x1 GB PQI DDR2 PC2-6400
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame Radeon HD 4890 1 GB GDDR5
Storage 2x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 32 MB RAID0
Display(s) BenQ G2400W 24-inch WideScreen LCD
Case Cooler Master COSMOS RC-1000 (sold), Cooler Master HAF-932 (delivered)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic + Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX
Power Supply Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF 1kW
Software Laptop: Lenovo 3000 N200 C2DT2310/3GB/120GB/GF7300/15.4"/Razer
Compro Technology, an innovative leading manufacturer and developer of PC multimedia products, recently introduced the VideoMate Vista E800F, which is an advanced hybrid PCIe interface DVB-T and analog TV/FM tuner card with a powerful real-time hardware MPEG-2 encoder. With the VideoMate Vista E800F, you can enjoy viewing DVB-T digital TV or analog TV. The built-in hardware MPEG-2 encoder provides excellent video quality with minimum CPU usage. Aside from having excellent hardware design and features, VideoMate Vista E800F is also accompanied by Compro's exclusive ComproDTV 4 software. It features universal analog TV or free-to-air 1080i HDTV quality digital TV watching/recording, channel surfing, timeshifting, still frames capture, Transport Stream recording and playback in digital TV, the custom channel order creating and exclusive S5 (shutdown)/ S4 (hibernation) /S3 (standby) mode power up scheduled recording. Compatible with Microsoft Windows Vista, VideoMate Vista E800F additionally includes a Microsoft certified Windows Media Center remote which gives users full control of Windows Media Center and the ComproDTV 4 software.

Specifications:
  • Hybrid DVB-T and worldwide analog TV (NTSC/SECAM/PAL) reception with FM radio
  • Built-in high-performance real-time hardware MPEG-2 encoder
  • High-Speed PCI Express x 1 interface for improved performance
  • Supports 480i/576i component video input
  • Supports SDTV and 1080i HDTV (where available)
  • Supports SAP(MTS/NICAM)/Stereo in analog TV
  • Bundled with Windows Media Center remote to control Windows Media Center and ComproDTV 4
  • All-new ComproDTV 4 software with Vista Gadget, DTV Add-In, and Windows Media Center schedule recording list integration
  • ComproDTV 4 can simultaneously operate, viewing or recording, multiple Compro TV devices on the same machine, internal and external
  • Compro exclusive S5/S4/S3 mode Power Up Scheduled Recording
  • Convenient Remote Controlled Power On/Off
  • Hardware timeshifting for instant live TV replay with minimal CPU utilization
  • Advanced PIP/POP features can open up to 4 digital TV windows. Also you can watch live TV and playback 1 recorded video files at once
  • Video Desktop can stream live TV shows as wallpaper
  • Straight-to-Disc recording for analog and digital TV
  • Supports hardware MPEG-2 and software MPEG-1/2/4 recording for analog TV/video (A 3rd party MPEG-4 CODEC is required)
  • Supports MPEG-2/Transport Stream record/playback in digital TV
  • Digital TV supports EPG, subtitle, & Teletext
    (where available, does not support MHEG-5 in UK)
  • Analog TV supports Closed Caption
  • Single/Multiple still frame captures and remote snapshot
  • Captures analog video from Composite, S-Video or Component
  • Certified for Windows Vista 32/64 bit

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Very nice. This looks awesome for an HTPC. My next build may be one. With the ability to stream movies from my pc to my ps3 in the room, its really made me appreciate an HTPC even more.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
can anyone here answer some questions for me? you see when i get my own place my GF wants tevo....thing is thats expensive and you get charged monthly..so i brought up the HTPC idea she said that sounded cool but i need some questions answered.

1. would you be able to patch your cable to the card to the TV?
2. can you record shows and stuff to a HDD on your rig?
3. can you record more than one channel?
4. I assume if you can do the above said you can FW and RR?
5. Does it use your graphics card to play shows and stuff or does it utalize more cpu?

System Name Aquarium
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x
Motherboard ROG Strix X670-E
Cooling Lian Li Galahead 360 AIO
Memory 2x16gb Flare X5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5-6000 PC5-48000
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3060
Storage 2TB WD SN850X Black NVMe, 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe
Display(s) Gigabyte 32" IPS 144Hz
Case Hyte Y60
Power Supply Corsair RMx 850
Software Win 11 Pro/ PopOS!
I am not the best to answer all of those, but I'll take a stab as I was in the process of putting an htpc together recently but had to abort b/c of my crappy tv.

1. I'm not sure what you mean here. The cable comes in and to your tuner, then to whatever you have to display video. If you have a box, that goes in there too.

2. You can record stuff w/ pretty much any tuner. You can use the software that comes w/ the tuner, although there are usually other options that work better (for instance mce if your doing it on windows).

3. Most tv tuners can record only one channel, but I think there may be some high end ones that do. Usually it will require two tuners to do this. Many will allow you to watch a separate channel while recording on another.

4. Not sure what that means. Fast forward and rewind? Most tv tuners will allow you to pause live tv, or record it, so you can manipulate it, and with the right software simply skip commercials and such, like tivo.

5. Your graphics card doesn't have to work that hard, probably a little more so if your doing hd. The cpu has to work if the tuner doesn't have an encoder built in, if it does it will work a lot less.

Hope this cleared some things up. If I got any of that wrong, sorry and someone correct me. I was gonna build one with my spare parts, but alas my tv won't really allow it. This tuner looks nice though, maybe I can slap this in my main rig.....