• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Computer freezing at random moments. Gaming , Browsing Or start up.

LostJuiceBox

Wait what is exactly the issue here?

Does the computer grind to a halt, hangs, USB peripherals lose power, then it reboots? Does the sound crash and form a continuous loop until it boots up again?

Right click my computer> manage> then on the left side click event viewer> then look under anything under error or critical at the top.

The Computer completely stops. Power is still going into USB devices EG: Mice and keyboard BUT they do not respond for example if I press capslock the keyboard will not react. and the sound crashes and loops yes. It doesnt reboot it just .. stops and i have to hold the power button to turn it off. though SOMETIMES ive had it freeze then BSOD but that has happened Once or Twice.

I am currently waiting for it to freeze again in order to check heat of ram etc as mentioned above but have not had much time to use my computer recently for it to do so.

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
run chkdsk in the command prompt. just type in chkdsk /r /f and then say Y for it to start on next boot up. then restart your computer and let it run. You may have some currupted files and chkdsk will fix that

System Name Jaspe
Processor Ryzen 1500X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming
Cooling Stock
Memory 16Gb Corsair 3000mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GTS 450
Storage Crucial M500
Display(s) Philips 1080 24'
Case NZXT
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Enermax 425W
Software Windows 10 Pro
If you get the BSOD's only when booting, especially when the PC is cold after been off for a while, try to increase the RAM voltage a bit; it worked for me.

LostJuiceBox

If you get the BSOD's only when booting, especially when the PC is cold after been off for a while, try to increase the RAM voltage a bit; it worked for me.

I increased the Ram voltage earlier as instructed and so far its been running very smoothly.

LostJuiceBox

Woah, Sorry for not replying for all this time, i was on holiday. Now down to buisness ..... I have run a DiskCheck and has not fixed issue of freezing as well as updating motherboard, Ram voltage is increased as earlier. I still havnt checked the Ram Temp with my finger but will do when this next happens and will get back to you.

LostJuiceBox

So my computer froze a couple of times some of them i was playing games and some browsing the web and i checked the heat of the RAM and it seemed .. warm but not all hot (warm enough to hold) all 4 sticks were the same temp id say. I check all the other parts heat. Heatsink, Graphics card , Hardrives nothing seems overly hot if anything just mildly warm. .... Any ideas guys?

JrRacinFan

Served 5k and counting ...
System Name Dual Build Streamer
Processor Ryzen 7900x3d : Ryzen 4600G
Motherboard AsRock B650E Steel Legend : Giga B450i Aorus
Cooling Custom Water 1x420 : Stock
Memory 32GB T-Force Deltas : 16GB Dominator Platinums
Video Card(s) PowerColor 7900 XTX Liquid Devil: iGPU
Storage 20+ TB
Display(s) Sammy 49" 5k Ultrawide
Case Custom White Painted Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2
Audio Device(s) Onboard : Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1200W P2
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite White
Keyboard Hyperx Origins 65
Software Windows 10
Give it a clean install of windows on a DIFFERENT HDD. Post back with results.