1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Computer freezing at random moments. Gaming , Browsing Or start up.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by LostJuiceBox, Oct 26, 2010.

1. LostJuiceBox

LostJuiceBox New Member

Thanks Received:
    The Computer completely stops. Power is still going into USB devices EG: Mice and keyboard BUT they do not respond for example if I press capslock the keyboard will not react. and the sound crashes and loops yes. It doesnt reboot it just .. stops and i have to hold the power button to turn it off. though SOMETIMES ive had it freeze then BSOD but that has happened Once or Twice.

I am currently waiting for it to freeze again in order to check heat of ram etc as mentioned above but have not had much time to use my computer recently for it to do so.

2. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    run chkdsk in the command prompt. just type in chkdsk /r /f and then say Y for it to start on next boot up. then restart your computer and let it run. You may have some currupted files and chkdsk will fix that

3. claylomax

claylomax

Thanks Received:
    If you get the BSOD's only when booting, especially when the PC is cold after been off for a while, try to increase the RAM voltage a bit; it worked for me.

4. LostJuiceBox

LostJuiceBox New Member

Thanks Received:
    I increased the Ram voltage earlier as instructed and so far its been running very smoothly.

5. LostJuiceBox

LostJuiceBox New Member

Thanks Received:
    Woah, Sorry for not replying for all this time, i was on holiday. Now down to buisness ..... I have run a DiskCheck and has not fixed issue of freezing as well as updating motherboard, Ram voltage is increased as earlier. I still havnt checked the Ram Temp with my finger but will do when this next happens and will get back to you.

6. LostJuiceBox

LostJuiceBox New Member

Thanks Received:
    So my computer froze a couple of times some of them i was playing games and some browsing the web and i checked the heat of the RAM and it seemed .. warm but not all hot (warm enough to hold) all 4 sticks were the same temp id say. I check all the other parts heat. Heatsink, Graphics card , Hardrives nothing seems overly hot if anything just mildly warm. .... Any ideas guys?

7. LostJuiceBox

LostJuiceBox New Member

Thanks Received:
    please anyone help? :(

8. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    Give it a clean install of windows on a DIFFERENT HDD. Post back with results.