1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Computer Problems, cant get any output from my screen when using my dedicated GPU.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Huddo93, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Huddo93

Huddo93 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys,

I'm getting a problem when, whenever I do any changes that require restarts from Windows 7 Professional 64bit it causes me to get no output from my dedicated GPU.

I'm running a Asus Z77 Deluxe - V with a i7 - 2600k, 8GB (2x4GB) of G.Skill 2133MHz RAM, 1xGTX 275 and Corsair AX 850W (More in my system specs)

I know for sure that my computer is working fine because when I use integrated graphics I get output from to my screen and the computer is working 100% (I've run stress tests to check this).

I have fixed the problem multiple times by putting in my OLD 9400GT which takes no external power, boot it up, get a signal, shut down and plug in my GTX275 and then it works fine once again.

In saying all this, I do not get a bios image either when using my dedicated graphics, but I do once I use the Integrated Graphics.

This does not permanently fix the problem because whenever I do something that requires a Windows restart (not game/application restarts, windows particular restarts) the problem will start again.

Basically I really unsure where the problem lies. I seems like Windows 7, but then why cant I see bios screen? aren't they completely mutually exclusive? and it seems to be no obvious problem with my Mobo, CPU and RAM since it performs exactly the same process wise when running Integrated Graphics. I also tried the GTX275 in a different computer, worked fine, and I also tried a GTX460 that takes the same power connectors and get the same problem with no bios or windows output

I did a quick google search of some other forums and came up with no one with a similar problem.

Anyone had a similar problem or heard of someone else with the same problem?

Thanks in advance for any help, cheers!
  2. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    You may need to set PCIe as the primary boot device. OR disable the iGPU.
    Huddo93 says thanks.
  3. Dippyskoodlez New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like this is the exact problem.
  4. Huddo93

Huddo93 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've been looking through my Asus UEFI bios, and I cant find any option to do either of those things :S Is there any particular places I should look under?

Sorry for the stupid question.
  5. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

Access the system bios [System Agent Configuration/Advanced/Graphics Configuration]

This-

Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe.jpg

Source - http://support.asus.com/download.as...LUXE&p=1&s=39&os=30&hashedid=OVCFmLeMZdeMER8x User Manual/ Version E7163

atb (all the best)

Law-II
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
    Huddo93 says thanks.
  6. Huddo93

Huddo93 New Member

Thanks Received:
  7. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
    or if u don't have any manual setting in bios try to rest it use load fail safe defaults, if same thing try also what friends told u above.