1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Computer Restarts

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by kubaz3, Apr 5, 2014.

1. kubaz3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi, i have be having a problem with my computer when im in a game for long time or when the pc is on for long time it will restart when im trying to play something. Also i have downloaded OCCT program to check my system when going to power supply tab i click ON and the computer restarts so could anyone help me and tell me if there is something wrong with the power supply or its just overheating: https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/OCCT...AALAMBm61tVnmZ-B123jr9wOFP8deXX6MMpMFp5qFjUIw

Also i have stress tested my PC with Prime95 and here are the temps(Used the blend option):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fspfgmik7ensuim/ss.png

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  2. kn00tcn

kn00tcn

Thanks Received:
    the link for the OCCT pic is wrong

the prime95 temps are probably just fine, so maybe your power supply is just low quality or simply isnt capable of sending enough power in a game

what model is it & what does the sticker say about the watts+amps+rails it has?

3. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:
    You need to fill out your sys specs in your user cp.

4. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    With the little info given it makes me think PSU is not handling the load.. Although it don't stop it from being other things like ram with bad set timings or even a heat issue which could be PSU or another part of the system.

silkstone says thanks.
  5. kubaz3 New Member

Thanks Received:
  6. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:
    I think Novatech are an okay brand, but not stellar - I think they are manufactured by Sirfa. Fire up a few other benchmarks like 3D Mark and see if it crashes. Does it still crash when not overclocked?

OCCT is an intensive program, it has been known to damage hardware. OCCT gave me crashes exactly like you are experiencing and I replaced my PSU, with the new psu, I got zero crashes.
    My money is on the PSU, is there anyway you can borrow a different one for testing?

It might be worth looking in your event viewer. If it's just a sudden restart with no other errors, then my money is on the PSU being the culprit.
    My motherboard recently died too, but it would restart at random intervals, not with intensive programs. But, I guess it could be an issue with your Motherboard or CPU overheating. Intel have an application where you can check that your (non-overclocked) CPU is operating normally.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  7. kubaz3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well i will try the 3D Mark, tomorrow I'm giving the pc to a repair so it will be fixed anyway. But thank you all for your help.