1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Computer Sometimes Not Booting Up Help

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by TricksterMatt, Jun 21, 2010.

1. TricksterMatt

TricksterMatt

Thanks Received:
    Hey, my computer is being really random on me these past days/week, Today I turned on my computer and my mobo kept on beeping, it beeped like 4 or 5 times and then stopped and carried on repeating itself. I kept restarting the computer until eventually it booted upto windows 7? What the heck is going on, I am running everything on stock settings. It is really annoying and frustrating that my computer sometimes randomly wants to not work.

2. Sir_Real

Sir_Real New Member

Thanks Received:
    Check all the connections to the mobo are clipped in all the way & arent showing any signs of over heating. Maybe also try unclipping the ram sticks & clean the contacts.

Does sound like you have a bad connection somewhere. The hard part is finding it.

3. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Check your motherboards manual or check online to see what those beep codes mean.

Also as Sir Real said, make sure everything is connected and seated properly.

4. TricksterMatt

TricksterMatt

Thanks Received:
    Just turned on computer and it did the same thing but no beeping, everything runs normal but the whole screen is really weird like lines and gray squares everywhere, then it takes me to windows repair and repaired the error, everything was normal again... Really dont know what the problem is... Re-installed windows 7 too many times cant be asked to do it again