1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Computer wont load windows.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by -1nf1n1ty-, Jul 12, 2009.

1. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    My computer goes past the motherboard brand mine says "Lanparty" DFI etc. and when I press the delete button I get into bios perfectly and I tried using fail safe defaults. when it goes past the bios section there just an underscore blinking when it should be loading and checking things looks like __ but blinking just in case you guys need to know:

Intel Q6600
    DFI LANPARTY DK X48-T2RS
    Corsair RAM 2x 1 gb 2x 512mb
    BFG 8800GTS OC
    300 GB HD
    Sony DVD-RW
    Using Windows 7

nothing is overclocked except the graphics card but its factory overclocked
  2. oily_17

oily_17

Thanks Received:
    Any time that happened with mine it was a HDD fault.

Have you it set to boot from the correct drive or even another drive to try.
  3. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    yeah I set it to boot from hardrive
  4. A Cheese Danish

A Cheese Danish

Thanks Received:
    I would say try and boot from cd and see if it boots into windows using the cd.
    Edit: maybe it has to do with windows 7?
  5. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    well I tried booting the cd drive first and with my luck I still get nothing but the blinking underscore

I suspect 2 things: harddrive or the ram either way.... this computer has been giving me problems since day 1 and I want to get a new computer now
  6. oily_17

oily_17

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, sorry just covering all the bases..well time to start swapping out parts and see if it helps , if you can.

Start by trying with one stick of RAM etc

EDIT: Maybe try setting correct values in Bios for voltage,RAM timings etc instead of using the Auto option.
  7. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF I turn off my pc and turned the power supply off and even unplugged it and guess what......everything loads up when I turn everything back on.......I love bullshit

I have a headache, I really wish I could of recorded what was happening with the computer
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  8. keakar

keakar

Thanks Received:
    set it to boot from cd then set hdd as second boot device, then you can pop in the windows cd and do a repair of windows because as said earlier its probably the hdd failed. failed hdd lose some bad sectors and so its missing parts of the operating system now. (thats usually what causes it)

if you dropped the computer or the hdd then you may be ok and the impact caused the bad sectors but if not then your hdd will fail again so if you get it going dont turn it off again untill all data has been transfered to another device.
    -1nf1n1ty- says thanks.
  9. keakar

keakar

Thanks Received:
    in that case it may have just been a loose sata cable or no power to the hdd issue, i would still backup all data just in case because i have a feeling the gremlins will return
    -1nf1n1ty- says thanks.
  10. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Or a bad SATA cable, I've had that happen before, it was really just an end that had gotten to the point it would no longer maintain a full and proper seat at the HDD, replaced the cable, and was good to go. The cable came with my old Asus board...I had a spare from my G/F's P35-DS3L that I'm still using. :D
  11. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    I'll replace all the cables today then as of right now its running and working fine but Ill replace them in a bit