1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Connection Rebooting when using Utorrent

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by gisba, Sep 3, 2009.

1. gisba New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello guys , i was wondering if you can help me , i have the virgin broadband 10megas, and everytime i turn my utorrent on my internet goes down every few seconds, if utorrent is off i can spend a whole day playing WoW or surfing the web and my connection is fine.

My connection is cable , and it connects to a modem that then conects to a wireless router, and only then it goes to my computer.

My gf uses a laptop and she can use Utorrent there without having the internet going down , soo i was wondering if anyone can help me.

2. Akumos

Akumos

Thanks Received:
    Just to rule out ISP...

Even though Virgin are getting strick with bit torrent and p2p users, they aren't kicking poeple off. I have the 20Mb package and mines working fine.

3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    your modem likely cant handle all the connections.

[​IMG]

set lower numbers for the connection amounts - mine are 'low' but i can still download at 8Mb (1MB/s) on well seeded torrents.

remember that torrents can use hundreds of connections a second, which is far beyond what you'd use normally.

Oh and dont forget that your "10 megas" is 10 Megabits, not megabytes - you can download at 1.25MB/s (1250KB/s) in theory, but your upload will be far lower than that. cap it around 40-50KB/s