1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Considering Buying "Decent" Mouse looking 4 guidance.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by jboydgolfer, Dec 21, 2013.

1. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    Happy Holiday's TPU,

I'm a Casual gamer , HEAVY PC user, who is looking to upgrade from My $4 Walmart mouse. I will be coming in to some extra cash in about a week, and was thinking about splurging on a mouse. I have NEVER been able to justify buying a "fancy" mouse and or keyboard, simply because a stock type can do basically the same thing for FAR less money. I play FPS games,(mostly Arma), and Work from My PC, My needs would pertain Mostly to the gaming side, since the other uses I require of it are minimal , and basic.

Basically I want something good, that is NOT over complicated, and is in the less than $50 range. I am simply ignorant when it comes to the functionality of modern mice, and wouldn't know what to look for in a new one. If anyone has personal experience with a good mouse, that wasn't TOO expensive, and fit's what I've described, Please let Me know. Any and all constructive help is VERY appreciated.

P.S. Mouse pad also.Right handed,wired, or Wireless.

Thanks in advance, and Have a great day/night.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  2. rtwjunkie

rtwjunkie

Thanks Received:
    How set in stone are you on price? I ask, because for $10 more you would get a very good mouse with adjustable accuracy, comfortable, and not complicated. It is the spiritual successor to the MX518, and I would say even better than that fabled mouse: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104838.
    jboydgolfer says thanks.
  3. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    I'm not restricted by any price, It just kills me to pay SO much for a damn mouse is all. I like the look of the Razor mice, and a few others I dont recall the names of, but have NO clue of weather or not they are decent mice, or just good looking.
  4. red_stapler

red_stapler

Thanks Received:
    I'd imagine you could find the G400S on sale at some point. I think I only paid $35 for my G400.
    jboydgolfer says thanks.
  5. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    G-400. I'll look into it.
    Maybe even start looking in the F/S forum posts here on TPU for any there.
  6. Raw

Raw

Thanks Received:
    A good personal experience:
    http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G500-Programmable-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B002J9GDXI/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1387667888&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=Logitech G500

They even have a few used ones over there for $36.00
    That's a steal.
    It's one of the best mice I ever used, for exactly your needs, on par with my old G5 and G9 Logitechs.

I myself will never again by anything Razer.
    Why? Read my old posts. http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/i-dont-like-my-new-razer-mouse.191610/
    rtwjunkie says thanks.
  7. rtwjunkie

rtwjunkie

Thanks Received:
    What Raw said!!! If you truly want the best, go G500. I didn't suggest it to you because it's usually close to $70. It's even better than the G400s (I own both). Either one would be great for you. But if you go with the cheaper one you won't go wrong either!
    Raw says thanks.