1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Controlling iTunes (or other media apps) wirelessly

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Misiowiec, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Misiowiec New Member

Thanks Received:
    Anyone know if there's a remote for controlling iTunes wirelessly? There are various remotes for iPods and so on, but I can't find anything for iTunes.

This will be for my friends computer as she plays everything though iTunes. If it's good I'd like to get another one for myself so that I can control Winamp, WMP and PowerDVD, so it's great if the unit is multi-purpose or programmable. Oh, and it needs to be RF and not IR, the control won't always be from the same room.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!
  2. oli_ramsay

oli_ramsay

Thanks Received:
    If she has a stereo with a USB link she could probably control iTunes with the stereo remote. I've got one on mine and I can control realplayer, WMP etc
  3. Misiowiec New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nope, I'm afraid it's a pretty basic stereo. Thanks for the suggestion though.
  4. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    There are only 2 solutions for you my friend!

1.) Buy an Apple laptop or desktop, as they come with the remotes. (I use the remote that came with my laptop constantly for movies, music, photos, and browsing in general. I really cool interface pops up when you use it also. Very easy to use.)

2.) Buy Apple TV. (The least expensive of the 2)
  5. Misiowiec New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, but both options are far to expensive. She's got a PC for the forseable future, and we need a remote...

The is one model that I know of (www.griffintechnology.com/products/airclickusb) but it can't control the playlist which is a shame...