1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

controlset001.....008

Discussion in 'GPU-Z' started by bloort, May 11, 2013.

1. bloort New Member

Thanks Received:
    edit: after completely destroying the xp registry, i ended up with a lengthy task of piecing everything back together. cpuz works fine now...apparently a VERY good indicator as to whether your drivers and system are in good shape! all good now!

This poor old XP machine is headed for a format C. But i'm not ready to go quietly into that good night quite yet, i have some more corrupting to do in the registry yet. :)

In the meantime, it would be handy if i could manually help GPUZ see my nV 8800 GTXs once again. For the most part, XP is running good enough to finish testing. But with GPUZ sadly not populating either card anymore, it's a bit of a downer.

Any advanced suggestions welcome. Actually that brings to mind a feature request..the ability to rename your video card to make it easier to remember which is which. Top / bottom would be fine.

please suppress all urges to inform me about system restores, driver reinstalls etc....
    gpuz5,6,7 have always worked fine..until i essentially wrecked and recovered this registry.
    now there is no joy among versions, and GPUZ is not at fault.

oh..sarcastic witty comments are of course most welcome too !!! :)
    TIA

Last edited: May 14, 2013