1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cooler Master Also Unveils the CM Storm MECH Customizable Mechanical Keyboard

Discussion in 'News' started by Cristian_25H, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Cristian_25H

Cristian_25H News Poster

Thanks Received:
    Cooler Master, an industry leading chassis, thermal solution, peripheral, and accessory manufacturer unleashes a new customizable and fully mechanical keyboard, The MECH. Part of the AL-Series, it includes a full suite of premium features including aluminum in its construction and a high speed processor and USB 3.0 ports.

High Bandwidth Gaming
    Delivering the utmost quality in construction and features, the MECH mechanical keyboard features a powerful ARM based processor to run its Rapid Fire Engine. This helps the MECH take full advantage of its ability respond at high speeds to in game actions and record and edit not only macro keys, but profiles as well. MECH is equipped with the ability to store 5 easily accessible profiles while making up to 75 total macros available for multiple gaming needs.

[​IMG]

Ultra low latency USB connectors and an integrated two port USB 3.0 hub ensure that the MECH and connected peripherals all operate at their full potential. A high-grade braided cable ensures that the keyboard and connected peripherals maintain a stable link to your PC. Utilizing its ultra fast processor and Super Speed USB 3.0 ports, MECH is capable of 64 KRO or activating and registering the actions of up to 64 keys simultaneously.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Full LED backlighting awaits you on the MECH with three modes of operation and five brightness levels. With this, MECH keys will be visible while gaming in nearly any lighting level.

Designed by You
    Built with a unique removable and customizable aluminum plate, MECH is the ultimate gamer's mechanical keyboard. Whether it is providing that extra look of professionalism to your eSports team or matching your keyboard to your own style, MECH makes it simple to do. The included premium aluminum plate can be removed and replaced via a few screws.

Further customize your MECH by selecting from amongst the highest grade Cherry MX Mechanical switches. MECH integrates the most popular Blue, Red, or Brown switches into its different models and each switch is extremely durable and rated for a minimum of 50 million presses.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2013
  2. Vancha

Thanks Received:
    Am I missing something? The shape is just...inexplicable, but the great big chunk of black plastic hardly looks like the most comfortable thing to rest your wrists on either.
  3. arterius2

Thanks Received:
    I stopped reading right there.
    hellrazor says thanks.
  4. Jorge

Thanks Received:
    As we've seen with the recent press releases, numerous companies have discovered that lamers are gullible and will buy anything purported to be cool.
  5. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    nice spec and has performance but i dont like the design
  6. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    YAY some one put thee usb ports in a place were they dont annoy left or right handed people then the so screw the lefty's with a handle LOL.

Those keys look printed to anyone else ?.
  7. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Asian companies really should leave the design of their stuff in hands of their European headquarters, I could have done better, sorry :laugh:
    Their previous kbs: boring as hell and now this trying to "cherry up" the looks , lol
  8. lZKoce

lZKoce

Thanks Received:
    Why?
  9. TheLostSwede

TheLostSwede

Thanks Received:
    Actually, from what I heard, this one was designed by CM US... :shadedshu
    The handle is supposed to make it look like a "rifle" or some kind of "weapon"... go figure, but the US office was apparently very adamant about the design from what I was told...
  10. Volkszorn88

Volkszorn88

Thanks Received:
    Yeah they do. And the print on the keys look really ugly. Think white base boards on black keys is sexy, but this..... this is just too much.
  11. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    It had everything going for it that I wanted to hear, then I saw the pictures. I couldn't care less about the whole aluminum plate thing, but the non removable wrist rest is a deal breaker.
  12. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Would look a hell lot nicer without that plastic.