1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cooler Master Centurion 590

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Darksaber, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2008
  2. EnglishLion

EnglishLion New Member

Thanks Received:
    Looks good to me. I do like these centurion cases I have a 532 which I'm very happy with. I found that I could use screws instead of the plastic locks if I feel the need. I guess this can do the same!
  3. jbunch07

jbunch07 New Member

Thanks Received:
    not bad at all!
    it would make a good case for modding!
  4. bryan_d

bryan_d New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nice introduction, but I would have liked to see a comparison to the CM690 or Antec 900. I know that the CM 590 is the "little sister," but I wonder its performance greater due to a lower air restriction design? Would have liked to see a temperature comparison, along with fan configuration of the case, to see if using those fans would be of benefit.

Either way, I bet when this thing sells for 20 dollars, after rebate it will find itself in my room. :) HDD suspension and some lower portion isolating plates, will make this case the cheap and cool Antec 180 for poor students like myself. Coupled with a mini-DVD-RW drive, the usage of 3 120MM fans in the front would rock!

bryan d

PS - if the reviewer were to utilize the mobo tray punch outs, the 4-pin connector can probably reach from behind the mobo tray through the punch outs.
  5. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    This thing looks exactly like the RC-690 case I have, but without the perforated mesh on the top and front part of the case. These 2 almost look like identical twins with a few things in different places, other than that it is a 690 at $20 less.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  6. bryan_d

bryan_d New Member

Thanks Received:
    You know that saying, "don't judge a book by its cover"? The internals are the main difference in my opinion. If I had the choice between the 690 vs the 590, I would go with the 590 just for airflow sake.

Still want to see more reviews though.

bryan d
  7. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    True, but the 590 has a better built quality to it. Front is much more like the traditional Centurion series, with the metal side bars and such. I like both cases, but the 590 looks better in my eyes. Straight, solid lines, not plastic extras.

cheers
    DS
  8. blueskynis

blueskynis New Member

Thanks Received:
    Very good, detailed review. Thank you ;)
  9. tonschk

Thanks Received:

I agree the CM590 is somehow better than the CM690 ,because have better airflow ,and dont have that silly plastic on the top of the case
  10. domy85

domy85

Thanks Received:
    Overall, for the price its a nice case, too bad they didnt add a front panel of brush aluminum like the previous case, would make the case pop. I like the lower psu mounting and the precut top fans, except they could of spread those top fans out a little more. Overall nice for the price definetly.
  11. King Wookie

King Wookie New Member

Thanks Received:
  12. tonschk

Thanks Received:
    Coolermaster forgot to add a grill at the bottom of the CM590 to install a 140mm intake fan fan , but this detail can be easy fixed with a dremel

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]