1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cooler Master Cosmos II

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Darksaber, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2012
    popswala, 1c3d0g, Proph3t and 6 others say thanks.
  2. mtosev

mtosev New Member

Thanks Received:
    OMG 350EUR for a case. way too much
  3. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    yeah this case is not for most people. its especially for enthusiast that have much much money
    but anyway, i love the material that used, they looks pretty solid ( except drive bays - i never like plastic tray )
  4. Brewster0101

Brewster0101 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've ready else where that even if you put a radiator in the top, you can't actually fit any fans to it as there isn't enough room/clearance.
  5. Brewster0101

Brewster0101 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Also 9.3 rating is too high for a case that is way too expensive and like you've rightly pointed out has quite alot of tacky plastic.

Think this should be more 8.0 - its nothing special for that price.
  6. hanzi New Member

Thanks Received:
    It can actually. see here

[​IMG]

You know, for that height, especially at the bottom chamber, they should just mount the psu sideways to accomodate quad 120 or 140mm rads. As Brewster said, it is impossible to add another set of fans for a pull/push config at the bottom of a 360 rad because of clearance
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  7. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    It can fit up to 120.3 radiators on the top but it must not be thicker than 50mm and you can't go push+pull, only pull or push.
    The pic posted above has an XSPC EX 120.4 radiator (modded the top with a saw) and one set of fans, it has a double XSPC EX 120.2 on the bottom (thin rads)
  8. tedy New Member

Thanks Received:
    8.0 max, this is 50% too pricey, ok max 200€.
  9. ..'Ant'..

..'Ant'.. New Member

Thanks Received:
    Best case Ive ever owned thus far.
  10. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Love the looks..hate the price.
  11. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    If they placed it as $299 it would be more realistic for pricing.. But, then again, Look at to which when Cosmos came out. Think of that price, then to this case it can show that the price is about right for what is there..

As for a score being lower due to the price.. Shouldn't base one view on that.. IF your going to get a case, your going to get a case due to many features in the factor. Yes, to most pricing is the reason that they go after it. But, will you be buying a case that you gotta mod to hell and back to get it to work for your needs? Or, will you buy a case & spend the money on what you need?

There is reasons why people go with the higher end Lian Li, Silverstone, & Cooler Master... The companies don't need to tailor their product to the "cheap-o's" of this world... They need to tailor the masses of each and every form factor. IMHO
  12. Breit

Breit

Thanks Received:
    they got some nice ideas for this case, but definitely lack sophistication. too much plastic, flimsy drive cages and if you look closer it just looks cheap. i mean look at the front i/o panel... what were they thinking?

a case with room for a xl-atx/htpx board, 11 hdd bays and space for a radiator sounds appealing, but not for that kind of money... maybe 200€ tops. for 350€ you can get an all aluminium case with all these features...
  13. Reefer86

Reefer86

Thanks Received:
    are u serious, 9.3 for a case that looks good..................... but offers nothing much more over the cosmos 1000 i already have in the shed and its STUPID price tag. its suppose to be the king of all cases and i would take my corsair 800D over this any day of the week.

still cant support a 360 in the top at all, at least the cosmos 1000 you could mod it to fit one.

i no longer recommend TPU for reviews, as there final scores are just stupid. The reviews here are in depth and full of content but it seems like you just give high scores and non offensive comments to make sure you don't annoy company's and keep getting samples.
  14. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    I personally do not agree with this. Fact of the matter is that opinions will differ on a lot of things, including case design. Let's jsut say youtr opinion differs from DarkSaber's. Personally, the only tihng I can find wrong with the case is that it is priced a bit high. The water-cool aspect you mentioned isn't something that everyone would use anyway. You'll find far less water-cooling rigs here in the forums then 2 years ago..because PCs of today hardly need it.

And that said, lack of watercooling uspport is hardly something I'd penalize them for in a large way. People that watercool typically want a window, and this doesn't have that either.
  15. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    A window would be nice. CM did make one for the 1000, so I'm not mad at the fact of that... But would of been nice if it came with it...

As for the top.. With a little bit of work. A triple can fit up top no problem. Takes but a few secs to have it there.. yes, taking away a bay is the way, but who cares? I guess I don't since I only connect drives to my mobos and nothing else.

Hell, even to show a little love, I had my swifty 480 rad haning there up top... But, the front cover can't side up so I was stuck with going a different route..
  16. tood1977 New Member

Thanks Received:
    good
  17. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    Nice review Darksaber. I could buy a car for that kind of money, do not want :eek:
  18. Scrizz

Scrizz

Thanks Received:
    nice, I definitely want this case.
    I loved my 1000 ans 1100.
    My Lian-Li is nice, but looks like a box lol
  19. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
    can it hold more than 360mm rad in top ? i see it's more space in first drive bay maybe 420mm can fit or am i wrong ?
  20. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    The black Ice GTX and the swifty 420mm's wouldn't fit.. The issue happens to where the front "sliding door" can't not go up all the way anymore..
  21. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
    really but it's have 664 mm ? we can say if we leave 50mm in each side it will about 550mm room space for rad right ??