1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cooler Master Intros Hyper 412 Slim CPU Cooler and Three New Thermal Compounds

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, May 18, 2012.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Cooler Master, an industry leading chassis, thermal solution, peripheral, and accessory manufacturer updates its Hyper 412S cooler with two slim fans. This significantly increases performance and allows usage of memory on both sides, while keeping the advantages of the previous model. The Hyper 412 Slim is best suited for LGA 2011 systems due to its compact size.

The Hyper 412 Slim is another of Cooler Master’s CPU coolers using the Continuous Direct Contact technology. This technology allows the heatpipes to directly touch all of the CPU’s hottest zones in order to reach the cooling performance in the places it matters most.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Dual slim fans
    The advantage of using dual fans for this cooler is a big increase in performance, something overclockers who bench on air certainly will appreciate. Another feature this adds is that the slim fans allow for usage of memory on both sides and keeping them properly cooled. Both fans can be attached to the cooler through a fan mount with quick-snap brackets. This method is much more time efficient than other solutions, to make sure that changing, adding or the cleaning of fans takes as little time as possible.

Availability
    The Hyper 412 Slim will be available in stores around the beginning of June for a recommended end user price of €39,95(included 19% VAT).

Cooler Master also introduces three new thermal compound pastes
    If you install a new CPU cooler, you will also need some thermal compound paste. For this reason, Cooler Master now launches three different thermal compound pastes: The IC Essential E1, IC Essential E2 and the IC Value V1. The main differences between these pastes can be found in the color and thermal conductivity. The color for IC Value V1 is white and has the lowest conductivity of the three, where the IC Essential E1 is gray and placed in the middle. The IC Essential E2 is gold colored which makes it the superior one of the three. They will all be available beginning of June as well in a specialized hardware store near you.
  2. Chaitanya

Thanks Received:
    Lets have a vote, to find out how many enthusiasts use thermal grease other than Arctic Silver 5. ;)
  3. 1freedude

1freedude

Thanks Received:
    This looks like it might work on a delidded IVB.
  4. No_Asylum New Member

Thanks Received:
    I use Arctic Freezer's MX-4 compound and Whatever Noctua makes. They've both been proven in tests to be superior to AS-5. Even if by only 1-3 degrees. Every degree counts.
  5. imitation

imitation New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've got Coollaboratory's Liquid Metal on my CPU and GPU. Nasty stuff; even though it's supposed to be safe for copper, it bonds the heatspreader to the coolers's surface (in my case, a waterblock), making both very hard to reuse if ever separated.
    But every Kelvin counts.
  6. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    I use the one that comes with the cooler.
  7. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Yeah same here. I used to care about that stuff but then I realised that a few degrees here and there have zero impact on anything. Also I'm not much of an overclocker nowadays so temps are usually fine.
  8. hhumas

Thanks Received:
    i haven't used artic .. only used zalman and cm nano fusion
  9. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    I used Arctic Silver in the past but now only MX-4 and IC Diamond, it is better to use a non electrical conductive compound, you never know what could happened if some spills over.
  10. Sp33d Junki3

Sp33d Junki3

Thanks Received:
    No one I know uses Arctic Silver anymore. Its just not worth the time to sit around and wait for it to cure to get the results you need.
  11. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    I use MX-2.

I like the idea of this cooler, interested to see some reviews on it.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  12. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    Noctua NT-H1.
  13. anonymous6366

anonymous6366

Thanks Received:
    Looks exactly like my two year old sunbeam core contact cooler. good job cooler master on catching up :p btw I use silver 5
  14. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    mayo
  15. Dave65

Dave65

Thanks Received:
    Shin-Etsu.
  16. badtaylorx

badtaylorx

Thanks Received:
    ive moved from shin-etsu to biostars nanodiamond....

i find i can get really good mounts with that stuff...and lately ive been considering that more important
  17. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hardly surprising, over the last 10 years the only improvements to cooling tech was Zalman's circular cooler, which got take over by the tower style, and then direct contact to the cooling pipes. The rest was to add on more pipes or fin surface area.
  18. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    This is what I have seen as well.

Even Zalman have realized that they can not keep up with their signature circular design coolers and have gone the way of making virtually identical block style coolers and pre-built water coolers.

I guess there is no more room for innovation and cooling design has reached it's optimal design but with making the heat pipes make contact with the CPU IHS.