1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cooler Master On/Off LED fans

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by NeoCrisis, Feb 15, 2008.

1. NeoCrisis

NeoCrisis

Thanks Received:
    Anyone know if these are available yet? I haven't found any online stores in the US that have them yet. Ive been looking for something like this for the longest time.

2. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Not coolermaster, but...

I do know that AC Ryan makes fans that you can control the LEDs of called Blackfire 4. They're great, except a bit noisy without a fan controller, and they LEDs die out after a year or two. All of them are UV Reactive with 4 UV LEDs. They're really pretty. You can get them in almost any color combination (different colored fan and housing) including a sweet black that turns Blue under UV light.

[​IMG]

They have a 3-pin connection, but the LEDs have their own 3-pin connection that can be plugged in in-line with the fan's connection, so you can control both the fan's speed and the LEDs' brightness.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a review that details the connections on the second page:
    http://www.ocmodshop.com/ocmodshop.aspx?a=805

I plan to get a bunch of these fans and hook up all of the LED leads to an on-off switch that also controls my UV CFFLs so I can blackout my system with the flick of a switch :)

3. NeoCrisis

NeoCrisis

Thanks Received:
    I have the ACRyan Backfire fans just not the backfire 4. They are way too loud. I want to keep my system as quiet and cool as possible now.

4. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    You could buy a fan controller or a 5v or 7v adapter cable rather than buying all new fans.

If you get a fan controller, the Vantec Fan & Light Controller comes with 2 CFFLs, and allows the fans to be set COMPLETELY OFF. Hook up the fans to one of the 3 fan channels, and the LED leads to another, and you get full control.

Rig the LED connectors to an on/off switch and the fan connectors to a 7v adapter (or use one of those leftover zalman controllers if you bought a zalman cooler).

These are the only fans I know of that allow separate control of the fan's speed and the LEDs.

Another option is to just buy UV Reactive fans and some UV CFFLs.