1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Coolermaster Cosmos 1000 for £70, thoughts on the case pleae?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by LifeOnMars, Jul 14, 2009.

1. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have been offered this case at £70 only 2 months old and in good nick. What are your thoughts on this case please and does it have good cooling properties, good enough for an i7 or AM3 rig? Thanks for your knowledge :)
  2. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Thats an awesome case, I'm not sure how much that is in US, but I would assume it can't be more than $120, I would buy it in a heart beat if I was you.
  3. 3volvedcombat

3volvedcombat New Member

Thanks Received:
    Cosmos Winz.

its a 200ish dollar case in america threw newegg(fyi great site with best deals in my opnion) its air flow propertys are a little ehh. Its got 1 120mm intake at the bottum, and 1 120 outtake on the back, i think theres spots for maybe 2 - 3 more if your tedius with not using 8 drive bays :laugh: Great case though, just go to youtube and check reviews on it. Ive seen triple sli rigs in that case. Its amazingly quiet with foam padding of sourt on the panels and very very very sturdy great case :D.
  4. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Yep, it's possible to fit a 120.3 rad in that case up top, and I'm sure you could find room to fit in 2 120 rads, or maybe a 140 (not sure if the bottom fan spot is a 140 on that case like the other CM cases. Who needs a good air flow path when your WC'ing :p
  5. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Overall, great case. Apparently due to a small design flaw, if you use a large number of hard drives, the drives will block the front intake fans from getting good air flow into the case. I have seen post about the hard drives overheating, but I have never heard of that before. Anyway, as long as you are using like 4 or less HDD, it is a great case.