1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

cooling suggestions for these mobos

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by kysg, Aug 25, 2008.

1. kysg New Member

Thanks Received:
  2. nanohead New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm gonna get one of those as well. I would like the DFI, but they might not be in the US for another couple of months apparently.

If I get the Biostar, I'm gonna put some heatsinks on the FETs where the power subsystem is. Other than that, not sure if anything will really make that much difference.

I have used a Thermaltake Blue Orb on those 780G boards, cuz they blow lots of air down at the entire mobo and make it cooler.

3. AddSub

AddSub

Thanks Received:
    Thermaltake's Extreme Spirit II units are pretty good.

[​IMG]

They have 100% copper construction, have heatpipes, and a pretty silent fan. Also, they are not too big, so you shouldn't have too many clearance issues with any large CPU coolers (NB-wise), or GPU/Video card clearance issues (SB-wise).

That said, I'm selling two retail boxed units as listed in my FS/FT/WTB thread. (my sig link) :D

I recently sold my old primary motherboard where I was using both (one on NB, other on SB) and I've got a new motherboard now that has a fancy heatpipe/heatsink system of its own, so I have no use for em

4. kysg New Member

Thanks Received:
    hmm can u someone pull up a pic of the FET's for that board...

that is currently the only 2 matx for 790gx..

5. tr3_25tl New Member

Thanks Received:
    WHAT IS THE BEST W/C For E5200@4.0ghz,GA-EP31-DS#

Hi Everybody need your opinion for my rig about the Water cooling,just wanna have the best performance, so plz help me to go far k

Attached Files: