1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Coolink Chipchilla

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by LiNKiN, Apr 20, 2008.

1. LiNKiN

LiNKiN Staff

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  2. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Yes, ladies and Gentlemen, the LiNKiN man is back.

Ive been waiting for one of these reviews to see how this puppy performs. First off, I love the name. The best name for a chip chiller anywhere :D. Second, the base isnt too much of an issue. If nothing else, some rubbing compound or liquid sanding grit (something I got from a primo lapping kit) can make it shiny and purty.

I sort of had the same clearance issues at first with my TT Easy Spirit 2, but It worked out in the end, I just had to adjust it like 30o max. Awesome review as always. If you wind up keeping it, let me know how it works with the AS5 cured in. Should so some decent changes. Or grab you some MX-2 :D

3. VulkanBros

VulkanBros

Thanks Received:
    what about interference with the airstream from/to the CPU cooler ?

Either it blows hot air into the CPU cooler or it will extract hot air from the CPU cooler !

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    WarEagle,

You do realize this review is about 3 months old right? :p

5. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Haha, hell no I didnt realize that. Wonder why it wasnt up until now :roll:

If it pulls hot air away from the cpu cooler, then that should be a plus Id think.

6. VulkanBros

VulkanBros

Thanks Received:
    Depends....if it pulls hot air away from the cpu cooler, the airstream that the CPU fan creates will be less effective....

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. nanohead New Member

Thanks Received:
    BTW, this is absolutely IDENTICAL to the Evercool Serpent (red fan though). I bought one for my Gigabyte 780G board. It didn't fit, holes on the board are 3"/75mm, too big for all NB coolers except the Thermaltake Extreme Spirit II.

I agree with most of the review, and I'd also add to LiNKiNs point about how restricted the mounting mechanism is, and that its pretty cheesy, for all but the simplest of installations. He details this in the discussion of installation.

It looked like a mini Thermalright HR-05, which I use now to cool the NB on the board (which I had to hack to make fit).

The Evercool product is cheap to buy (Xoxide has em for $15) and evecool sells on fleabay for the same price