1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Coolink Corator DS LGA2011

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by crazyeyesreaper, Feb 8, 2013.

1. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  2. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    8.0 seems a little strong for a cooler you "technically" couldn't use out of the box;)
  3. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtX™

Thanks Received:
    I know TPU hasnt had a cooler review in a long time,but why start with product that is old?
  4. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    I would imagine it's a review sample that was sent out and some do ship with no accessories and sometimes light defects (as with the unthreaded post) one would hope that QC would pick this out of a production kit. Though yea, would be a major PITA if it arrived to your door like that, next to useless as 99% of people bar reviewers won't likely have a "spare" mounting kit lying around.

How old is it? (not being pedantic, I just haven't seen one before)
  5. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtX™

Thanks Received:
    Came out in 2010,with LGA2011 hardware added in 2011
  7. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Looks like the cooling review database needs to be filled out some. So, review as many coolers as possible I say.
    radusorin, jihadjoe and brandonwh64 say thanks.
  8. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
    The cooler he tested is like 2 years old (November of 2011), these are retail samples at this point. Which means users will buy this cooler off the shelf with similar issues. Media samples were gone long ago. Also I can appreciate that reviewers have extra goodies around, but the customers don't usually have bits form a $90 cooler just laying around;)
    AthlonX2 says thanks.
  9. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    I thought I said that... :laugh:

And yea pretty shoddy for a cooler that came out in 2011, if it asn't for that I thought the results would have been higher based on the performance results :rolleyes:
  10. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
    but out of the box, how well does this cooler do with only three mounting points attached? ;)
  11. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    1 screw out of 4 doesn't mean all other coolers get one screw out of four bad. Three others are exactly the same screw, and were perfectly fine. Mountain out of a molehill.
  12. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
    and I say its reality versus make believe.

If they aren't willing to be sure the media got a correct kit, why would they do more for their customers who don't have the voice reviewers do. I would hate to spend my money on something to find it wont work and now I have to wait for parts? Value, no, 8.0 is a little strong for a cooler you had to make work with spare parts. If you want to stick in reality, test the cooler with three points of contact and see if the award is the same, or at least try out the customer service and ask for the parts as Joe Blow and get a feel for the experience the customer is going to have to deal with.

I still stick to my initial comment;)
  13. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    The fact you even know about the issue from reading the review covers it already, IMHO. It's not like this was something hidden, it's posted on the front page. :p

You're right it's pretty crappy, but at the same time, if it's one screw in 100,000, well, such is life. Since this same mounting hardware is used elsewhere, and hence Crazy having the extra parts, There's bound to be users that have issues every once in a while. At least you know he presents a real experience.
  14. LagunaX

LagunaX

Thanks Received:
    Nice cooler.
    Here's how it fares in another review:
    [​IMG]
  15. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
    my point is without the "extra parts" his experience would have been much different. It seems while mentioning it, he forgot about it while scoring and valuing this cooler. If he had to wait three weeks for the part, if they never returned his mails without using the TPU account, all of that would have come into play.

Also on your point of one in 100,000, how many Noctua coolers have you had without threaded screws? someone has QC issues in my opinion if a reviewers sample goes out like that. It shows the company or channel he got it through didn't care to be sure, along with the fact that visually among many others, it got missed but the "screw-looker-atter".
    AthlonX2 says thanks.
  16. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Banstick Dummy

Thanks Received:
    Great review Crazy despite the old lady bickering in the comments! Honestly missing a single screw is no big deal and way to overcome a simple obstacle to finish the review. Very pro, and I gotta say your pictures are FAR better then what I see on "rival" sites.
  17. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    It's not nice to make fun of other people's height.:)