1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Coolink Gfxchilla in North America.

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by GLD, Apr 5, 2008.

1. GLD

GLD

Thanks Received:
    I don't now if this is considered a Hot Deal to everyone, but it seemed like it to me. Today I ordered my Coolink Gfxchilla for $21.56+ shipping from NCIXUS.com. I wanted a moderately priced gpu cooler that I could freely swap out 80mm cooling fans on. I knew of the Coolink Gfxchilla, spotted it at NCIX, but it was not in stock until now. I found it somewhere else for $40+ dollars but waited for cheaper, and NCIX finally got them. I looked at the XIGMATEK VD964 but it didn't look so good to me as the fins don't allow air to pass thru to cool the pcb. What the ? with that? Plus it looks limited to only 92x25mm fans, which I have none. During the wait I gave in and bought the AC ACCELERO S1 REV 2. This cooler works REAL WELL actively cooled, but looks crappy with my zip tied 80mm's on it. The thing was such a pain to install with my rigged up fans. I do not wish to go thru that again. I didn't go with the clip on turbo module as I have a shoe box of 80's that I try to use. I will try out the Gfxchilla on my 3850 with AC 80's and try out the ACCELERO passively on my 2600XT.

For a gpu cooler in the $20 range, I have high hopes for the Gfxchilla. :toast:
  2. nflesher87

nflesher87 Staff

Thanks Received:
  3. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    looks like it would be a great cooler!

especially for $22

give us a mini review when ya get it

:toast:
  4. nflesher87

nflesher87 Staff

Thanks Received:
    I'm 90% sure that linkin was already going to be do an official TPU review on this but I'm not sure what the status is
    GLD says thanks.
  5. GLD

GLD

Thanks Received:
    nflesher87, Thanks for posting the link. I spaced on that one. That will be cool if Linkin does a review. They can be bought here in the US now. I believe I first heard of the cooler in a thread here at TPU. Prob. should have ordered some MX-2 with it. Oh well. :slap: