1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cordless mouse going crazy

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Chewy, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    well I was playing Company of Heroes yesterday and my mouse went bananas.. as did I cause I WAS winnning, till all my guys walked into thier death cause my mouse went bananas and when I tried reseting it, it wouldnt work for like a min.. happened 2 times in a row.. making him pwn my whole base and win.

has anyone else experienced this kind of thing with thier mice? I have a feeling it might be because my mouse is to close to my keyboard and it has had interferance from that once b4... this also happened a long time ago but it hasent arouse till last night. Its working fine atm but since I am thinking about getting a icemat 2 and useing its sticky pads on this mouse (cant find teflon mouse feet in Canada).. I dont want this problem to arise again but I would like to salvage my mouse which is missign a plastic pad on the bottom.

I have a mx1000 and I find it the most comfortable mouse out there to me... didnt care for the g7 plastic feel.. maybe I should try to find a black one to see if it has better grip, but I dont want to buy a new mouse :p
  2. freaksavior

freaksavior To infinity ... and beyond!

Thanks Received:
    yes! my mouse has done this(mx1000, great mouse indeed) and it was due to the fact my mother board didn't like a bt mouse/keyboard.......ever since i got my new mobo it has only done it once and i was surfing the web! I think it is a fluctuation in the voltage in the usb port.......just a guess though

what interface is it? usb, bt, ir,rf, ps/2??
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Alcpone

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried reconnecting the signal between mouse and receiver?
  4. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    its usb. when I was very close to my keyboard before with it it would lag/glitch, but that usually dont happen works fine just swiped it by.. maybe it was in sleep mode and started to close last time.

whats a bt?

Edit: nvm I have a bad headace and cant think straight. bt= blue tooth.
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  5. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah when I first hit the reset button on my mouse it just blinked red than I tried the one on the receiver, than both at the same time I was going bananas cause I just started to dominate the map but I regained my patients though it was to late to win :( lol, so much for my perfect score.

Oh and its a corded usb charger/receiver, you guys think it could of been interference ? I have a speaker about 6inchs from the receiver.
  6. freaksavior

freaksavior To infinity ... and beyond!

Thanks Received:
    blue tooth, the mx5000 mouse keyboard combo uses bt, while the mx1000 mouse itself uses the 2.4ghz i think
    MX1000

MX5000 and MX1000 BT
    Chewy says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. Alcpone

Thanks Received:
    Usually you press the one on the receiver then the one on the mouse, if that doesn't work do it the other way round!

It's a possibility your speaker is interfearing but I aint to sure, wired mice all the way for me :)
    Chewy says thanks.
  8. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah the reset button works fine now, press it and it goes red till you release.. yeah I think my nexted mouse will be corded and I'll use this one by my bed, when I watch a tv series/movie. :)

Thanks for the imput guys, it was a connection problem/cordless mouse problem.

:respect::respect::respect:
  9. Alcpone

Thanks Received:
    Glad it's sorted :toast: