• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Core 2 Quad or Phenom II X4?

Do you have either of the processors to try out? You will be limited with that chipset of course, but I don't doubt that you could still get a nice clock on it.

Either way if you System Specs listed are correct....even running 100% stock they will blow your current system so far in to the weeds it will make you sick to the stomach! :rockout:

Kei

I am planning to get a P II x4...but can u tell me which is the best chipset and VFM mobo for pii x4 ?

3volvedcombat

System Name My Computer
Processor Core 2 Q9550 4Ghz 1.23volts
Motherboard Gigabyte
Cooling Corsair
Memory OCZ
Video Card(s) Galaxy
Storage Western Digital
Display(s) Acer
Case Lian li
Audio Device(s) Asus
Power Supply Corsiar
Software Microsoft
Benchmark Scores 25,000 3dmark06 at 4.35Ghz processor, 835core card!
I would choose the core 2 quad q9450 and above over any phenom II really at the moment. There are going to be new chipsets for the Phenom II's but anustly sata 2.0 is fast enough, and clock for clock the q9450 and above perform better basicly the Phenom II's.

Also essential if you get one of the newest batches intel has realeased in 09 or the newest batch you will be doing 4.0Ghz under 1.25volts threw processor. My loads on my q9550 at 1.232 volts 65 run of intel burn test maxmium stable, are around 51-55c on a hot day. I tested today and the first two runs i never broke 50c in inteburntest. Over all the Phenom II's are cheaper they are getting new chipsets and AMD will be realeasing 6 core processors for the same motherboards your purchasing for your Phenom II's

But i have a rape q9550, so im going to stick with my q9550, and say core 2 quad is the way to go, faster clock per clock, and put it on a x48 board with ddr3 and bam you get Phenom II am3 with a core 2 quad.

Go to microcenter, look for the latest batch q9550 and buy it for 169.99 e0 stepping 08/1/09 packing date or even earlier and i have a great suspicion that processor will blow the door's of a Phenom II for 24/7 clocks.