1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Core i7-3820 Overclocked to 5.666 GHz

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Dent1

Thanks Received:

Nobody is defending AMD. They are stating the truth. AMD holds the OC crown. Performance crown isn't being disputed.

If you want to talk performance open another thread. We are talking OC and AMD is top notch for overclocking according to "The world record".

But its irrelevant. WPrime is 1 benchmark. How can you base performance on 1 benchmark?

Also Intel always did better in WPrime. Pentium D used to outperform the Athlon 64 X2 in WPrime, and the Athlon 64 X2 was a much faster CPU overall. How do you explain that?
    Maybe the same thing is happening with BD vs SB-E, at their respected OC record.

I want to end this thread or post with a fact. Fact: AMD holds the OC record @ 8.429GHz. :)

2. EarthDog

EarthDog

Thanks Received:
    Unless the title was changed, this thread is about an Intel chip... until someone came in and mentioned AMD as a joke and then it propogated a bit...and then someone else came in and mentioned the BD WR in an intel thread..............defending AMD against, what I took as a Joke post, for no reason. Hackles - come get some.

For the record, I do not base performance off of one benchmark, its just an example. But there are plenty of other examples with the same story as you well know.

Hey, way to reiterate a point already conceeded again with the WR! :laugh:

3. Dent1

Thanks Received:
    You are very right, It's an Intel thread about OC'ing. It got derailed by a troll. I'm happy to talk about Intel achievements as long as the AMD bashing stops.

I'm actually hoping SB-E can sustain 4.5 GHz to 5GHz on air because I'm seriously considering buying one, depending on how it stacks up against Piledriver price/performance. I might be switching teams.

4. EarthDog

EarthDog

Thanks Received:
    SB-E can run air 4.5Ghz all threads. You need beefy air to do it however 6c/12t puts out a lot of heat at those clocks! Much more than that, I would go water for sure.

Im hoping for 5Ghz+ 24/7 clocks out of the unlocked IB pieces though....... :)

Dent1 says thanks.
  5. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    This is what the car world would call a dyno queen. Only really good for putting up impressive numbers on a dyno, but not really useful anywhere where real performance is measured. Still a valid contest tho.

that said, I'm not overly impressed by these numbers.

6. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    i just think that since its a new socket. its a good start point that intel processor with socket 2011 could get oc well. so just hope they do better in the future

7. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    So from what I've gathered from this, the more Jiggahurtz something get's the better it is.

8. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    If a i7-3770K can do this on DICE:

[​IMG]

I'm sure this one can achieve high clocks as well.

Translated source, via XtremeSystems