1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[WTB][US] Core i7 920 CPU and X58 Mobo Combo

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade/Giveaway Forum' started by bogmali, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bogmali

bogmali Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm in the process of upgrading my Main Rig so just like the title says. LMK what you have and your selling price shipped to zip 98513. Would like to get both HW preferably from one source but multiple sources would do as long as it is cheaper. Just so everyone knows, my budget is $400. I have some stuff on my F/S thread if you find something that you need/like.

I am already aware of Fit's DFI DK X58 mobo:laugh:

2. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    bogmali says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. bogmali

Thanks Received:
    Saved in my wishlist;) I'm PMed a guy at AT trying to get him to drop his combo price to $375 from $399:D and still no response. Subsequently, I also PMed another fella at the same site offering $200 for his i7 920 (listed for $225) and laughed at me saying that it was a lowball offer:wtf:

4. Psychoholic

Thanks Received:
    do you have a microcenter around you? You can get the 920 for $230 in store most of the time there.

bogmali says thanks.
  5. bogmali

Thanks Received:
    Nope......They had a deal last week for $199 but sadly enough they're not anywhere close to me:cry:

6. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    Read my sig if the term confuses. You have to be careful because some people are selling as low as they can go in order to give the buyer the benefit without them having to haggle.

As for your problem I'll do some searching of my own, but the idea of getting you an i7 system for the price you want is a little daunting. t-ski's recommendation of the gigabyte motherboard is your best bet. It leaves you a lot of room to shop for a CPU, and if need be there is a microcenter within reach of me, but I won't take the bite for shipping/fees/tax, so it will cost more than if you bought it yourself from a microcenter.

7. bogmali

Thanks Received:
    LOL @ the explanation on your sig. I am very familiar with the term:). A $25 difference from a $200+ price to me is not a lowball. It's a matter of opinion AFAIC;). I should link that thread here (maybe) just to show you the justification for my $200 offer. He claims to have "blown the tires off of the CPU" so take that for whatever it's worth. As for the Microcenter thing, they have them listed for $229 but like I've said they are nowhere near me.

8. Summit

Summit

Thanks Received:
    $229.99 + Tax and the gas to go get it and back. Still around $240-$260. The closest Microcenter to me is a little over 50 miles away.

9. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The problem sometimes with the term "lowball" is different interpretation of "to give a markedly or unfairly low offer". That is rather vague. If there is no room to negotiate, a seller should define it as "no haggle pricing", IMHO.

bogmali says thanks.
  10. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    Ha! Alright so maybe you didn't lowball him given that description, but then it's his loss, no? You really don't want a cruddy i7 anyway. Good luck in your search.

11. bogmali

Thanks Received:
    Grabbed a 920 from tigerdirect which is $10 cheaper than newegg and that Biostar board that T-ski recommended. Thanks for the help fellas.