1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corrupt BIOS?

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Jaffat, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Jaffat New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys, first post here, hope you can help.
    I'm having a problem with my DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI board. When I first bought the board I encountered many of the common teething problems with this board :banghead: . Managed to sort it out and the board has been running fine for the last six months. Recently though I added two more sticks of RAM which I thought were 1Gb (no sticker), but turned out to be 512MB. Since I already have 2 1Gb sticks installed, the system refused to boot past the memory check. I switched off and removed the new sticks, but now my system will not even post. Have tried both long and short CMOS clears,to no effect. Have also tested CPU, RAM and BIOS battery in other machines-no faults :wtf: . When I power the system the power LED begins to blink, and three of the four diagnostic LED's (on MOBO) remain lit, showing that the system has only got as far as detecting the CPU. I think I may have corrupted my BIOS,but want to be sure before forking out for a new board. Anyone had similar difficulties? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    try taking all the ram out then boot it will fail then put one stick of ram in and try it then

3. JUDAS3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i had the same problem yesterday.

I ran my ram at to low a voltage. I only got into the bios by resetting the bios but you have already done it.

4. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    i had that endless times with my board when i had that board. try remove your cmos battery, set cmos jumper to clear position and remove the power cord from the psu, leave for a good 10 mins. you could also hotflash your bios chip if that fails, its a lot safter than it sounds, and easier.