1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corrupt Registry ?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Fif23, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Fif23

Thanks Received:
    Hey TPU, here's the story:
    I've been running Vista ultimate 64 for quite a while now and every once in a while I get a windows/system32/config/system file currupt error when I boot up my system.. It takes about an hour of rebooting and repair attempts to get it to start again but it always comes back every few days...

I THINK this "system" file is the windows registry acting up, correct ?

Is there any way to fix/rebuild it without having to reinstall vista ? I have like a million mods on it, and it would take days to customize it all over again.
    TuneUp Utilities reg cleaner is not working, and I think this is what caused this problem in the first place.. Is there any PRO software for the problem? I have to take advantage of every minute my system is on, next time I might not be able to start it.

Thanks ahead !!

2. OzzmanFloyd120

OzzmanFloyd120

Thanks Received:
    ccleaner or regmechanic if that's even the problem.

3. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    Boot up from your Vista disc and you should see an option to Repair. It's actually a pretty nice repair utility compared to the way it is done on XP.

Also, when I had my 9850 and tried to reach 3Ghz on it, I would see system32 corruptions all the time or BSOD's. Have you tried tuning the OC down?

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Fif23

Thanks Received:
    Thanks... nope it does not seem to be the OC, or anything else.. I just restarted from safe mode to DL registry mechanic and boom, again, system file error.

it seems to be random....

5. kiriakost

kiriakost New Member

Thanks Received:
    Bad memory .... or low memory timing (latency) .