1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corrupted bios disabled card from ever flashing again

Discussion in 'RBE' started by Videl, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Videl New Member

Thanks Received:
    hi,
    Please move this thread if I'm posting it in the wrong place please...I 'm new and I just want some help...

I edited the bios of my card with rbe editor and after a "successful" flash I got some major issues...The card still works but it doesn't show up as an ati card so the drivers don't load...
    I tried reflashing but that also fails since it doesn't show up as an ati card and atiflash declares "no ati devices found"

I'm not the only one with this issues...I've browsed the web and I'm seeing more people with the same issue...

Please refer to this thread as I posted there more details about this incident http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2188641

I really do wish theres someone here who could help :(

This is what gpuz shows....really screwed up
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  2. Black_Lion New Member

Thanks Received:
    What did you use for flashing? WinFlash or ATIFlash? If you used WinFlash, download ATIFlash, create a bootable CD or floppy and flash it with your original bios using the following commands:

atiflash -unlockrom 0
    atiflash -f -p 0 bios.rom

Hope this helps.
  3. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    there isnt really any need to reflash these days with saphire trixx being so good at beating the OC limits imho ive unflashed my 5850 its back on stock bios doing 900 on air and was lmtd to 800
  4. Black_Lion New Member

Thanks Received:
    The card isn't even recognized, thats why i recommended him to reflash with the original Bios. Also, the point of flashing the Bios with our own overclock settings it so we can be software-free, and of course, making the overclock cross platform / system :)
  5. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Use the DOS version of ATiFlash, not through Windows.

c:\atiflash -f -p "yourbiosname".rom