1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600Mhz CL10 Vengeance Low Profile

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Unholywar, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Unholywar

Unholywar

Thanks Received:
  2. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    Corsair usually makes pretty good products. I got a set of 1866 corsair DIMMs for a 2600k rig and they run plenty well. There are sticks you can get that have tighter timings if you're willing to pay for them but it's not like it will make night and day difference.

Personally I've been pretty happy with my G.Skill memory and I've always have had pretty good luck with Crucial. I've been looking at upgrading one of my rigs with a set of Crucial Ballistix Tactical. It's low profile memory, has pretty tight timings, and run at 1.35v. It costs a little more than the Corsairs you found but I think these might be the same Sammy low-profile chips that were able to hit over 2133Mhz, so it's very possible these could clock like a bat out of hell. It might be worth it for ~Ā£20 more, but that's up to you. Just something worth considering, but I don't think you'll have a problem with the memory you picked out already.

Just keep in mind that IVB chips clock memory really well. :cool:

http://www.dabs.com/products/crucia...cal-lp-ddr3-udimm-240pin-cl8-8G34.html?src=15

3. Geofrancis

Geofrancis

Thanks Received:
    High speed ram only makes about a 5-10% difference with most CPUs but it does help APUs a lot because the graphics share the ram