1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair 230T vs Enermax Hoplite ST Black

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by Flash, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Flash

Thanks Received:
    Both cases are at 70$ each.

http://www.corsair.com/en/catalog/p...wed-compact-mid-tower-case-black/category/63/

vs

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/5034/enermax_hoplite_st_mid_tower_chassis_review/index.html

Any suggestions or pointers?

I'm looking for good cooling, and space for any future graphic cards. I would like to have space for at least 1 GPU for 13"+ which I believe both deliver. Not sure which can handle 2 13".

I am only using 1 HDD, 1SSD and 1 DVD-RW. Good space for CPU heatsink would also be very preferable

2. Norton

Norton WCG-TPU Team Captain

Thanks Received:
    sneekypeet says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    also if you read that Enermax review you will see the build quality is pretty piss poor with stripped screws and standoffs that don't line up. ;)

4. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/5034/enermax_hoplite_st_mid_tower_chassis_review/index8.html

i prefer 230t than enermax, enermax has nice fans but not case

5. Hood

Hood

Thanks Received:
    If you look at the Enermax case line that's available on NewEgg, you can't help but notice that all their cases are between $45 and $79, they're all ugly as sin, and they're all poorly designed mid towers with an excess of plastic and crappy cable management. Then look at the Corsair lineup - there's no comparison, Corsair has cases from $60 to $350, many of them iconic, all of them well-built with understated aesthetics. My $99 Corsair Carbide 400R has no stripped screws or broken plastic pieces after 3 system builds, countless upgrades, 8 drives, two water cooling loops, 12 fans, and many complete tear-downs for cleaning. I've already marked the 230T as my new case for budget gaming builds (next one I build), it's looks and features are unbelievable for $80. Avoid the Enermax case, Corsair is much better...

6. Flash

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the feedback.

my only concern with the 230T was the lack of side fan. Not sure how much difference a side fan would make tho

7. Hood

Hood

Thanks Received:
    I like a side fan too for feeding cool air directly to to video card - I've got 2 x 140mm Corsair Airflow's on my 400R side mounts. With the 230T I think the front fans are powerful enough to supply plenty of cool air to the entire case, unlike the white LED ones on my case. I love the utility of my 400R, but it lacks a side window, and I decided a while back to use a windowed case for all my future builds. On the other hand, I hate the look of fan mounts drilled through a side window, and it's rarely done these days, so I'm resigned to losing the side fans with my next build anyway.

8. Flash

Thanks Received:
    Yea I like windowed cases too but most of them are either more expensive, or the window is too small, wired shape, etc.

For example the windowed version of the 230T is 20$ more expensive and its only the back of the case. I will basically end up seeing the exhaust fan and just a slither of my GPU

9. Hood

Hood

Thanks Received:
    True enough about the small window, I like the one on the 350D much better, but it's limited to micro ATX boards. What I'm really waiting for is their new Graphite 760T - http://www.corsair.com/graphite-ser...content=graphiteseries&utm_campaign=FrontPage - both of it's side panels are all smoked window, with the right side smoked so dark it's almost opaque. It's a little wider and taller than most cases (Height x Width x Depth - 22.4” x 9.7” x 22.2”), which makes fitting coolers and radiators a lot easier. I really like the looks of it, there's nothing else quite like it, and it's not another Obsidian/monolith clone. At $180-$190, it's not for casual builds, but I can see this housing my main system for a few years.

10. Flash

Thanks Received:
    I would see myself getting it too, but since I don't use more than 1 SSD and 1HDD, and I can't see myself ever going crossfire, I don't think I can reason to get that case over the 230T.

Mainly because I have a NAS, hence I don't need any more than my main SSD and the HDD for temporary storage. And by the time the 1 GPU I usually have gets obsolete, it's time to buy a whole new system anyway

But yes, if I would have had a RAID system to keep on my main computer, and would always get 2 GPU's when upgrading my computer for crossfire, it's definitely a good case