1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair 900D Early review

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by mlee49, Apr 17, 2013.

1. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Hey everyone, I know I'm excited about the new 900D coming out and I'm sure most everyone else is too. The first reviews are coming in and one of my favorite reviewers: Linus Tech Tips has it:

Early pricing has it at $350, which is fair for the massive case you get. Literally, you could easily put dual systems in this machine, not dual cpus, but dual systems. Well technically you could put dual cpu systems in there, but it's so big there is more than enough room for more than one system.

I can wait for the modders to get ahold of this. The massive water cooling loops, the customizing, its all going to be so sick.

I'd like to see a regular gaming system up top with a iTX setup underneath. Theres more than enough room to sneak it in.

What do you think?!
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    HammerON says thanks.
  2. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:
    Thinking about ordering one of these badboys. I just took the plunge into watercooling and have the madness now. Spent my yearly PC budget, but now I'm thinking of going bigger and better. The last few parts I have ordered have all been 'just one more'.
  3. Hood

Hood

Thanks Received:
    I think that I'm going to buy one, as soon as they become generally available. I also think that after I do, there will be no reason to ever stop upgrading, and all my spare cash will disappear inside it, but I won't mind, because I'll have a system that will awe & amaze all who lay eyes upon it. They'll all think I'm crazy for putting that much $ in a computer, and they'll be right, but I won't care, because I'll have Godzilla to keep me warm and happy.
  4. awesomesauce

awesomesauce

Thanks Received:
  5. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Watched that review last week. Good review and a absolute beast of a case. I am going to be sticking with the 800D for a while though:)
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    I want that case! It'll be a sweet upgrade from my Haf 932. My Haf is super heavy with all my stuff so I can only imagine how bloody heavy this will be :eek:
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  7. skellattarr

skellattarr

Thanks Received:
    i got a rosewill blackhawk ultra case about a month ago and it is just as good and as big and i payed 189.99 for it
  8. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Nope, not even close. Unless, of course, you consider a Ford Taurus equal to a BMW 750 Li and a Slim Jim as tasty as a fine Delmonico ribeye.
  9. awesomesauce

awesomesauce

Thanks Received:
  10. Feänor

Feänor New Member

Thanks Received:
    A watercooling project is never finished: you're just out of money...
  11. xxdozer322

xxdozer322

Thanks Received:
    Computer modding has become my next biggest addiction, when this comes out my car will have to wait :(
  12. TRWOV

TRWOV

Thanks Received:
    There's another massive case from Azza that is designed for that exactly. Don't recall the model right now...
    Crunching for Team TPU
  13. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    I have the blackhawk ultra too and it would be a awesome case if it wasn't for the lack of radiator setups for us watercooling fans. Can fit up to 420 rads up to the Alphacool Monsta up top and a slim(40mm or less) 240 or 280 up front but due to Rosewill(Newegg) dumbass design of a nice gap between the two 140's you can't use them unless its in a pull. Highly considering dumping mine to get this.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  14. awesomesauce

awesomesauce

Thanks Received: